Rescheduling of the OpenMRS Implementers' meeting from January 2023 to June 2023.

Dear Community:

The OpenMRS Implementers’ meeting scheduled to take place from January 23 to 26, 2023, is being pushed forward to take place in June 2023. The rescheduling is a result of the following:

• Many community members will be unable to travel due to the travel policies in their respective organizations due to level 3 or higher travel advisories.
  • Nigeria will be having elections from February 2023 to March 2023. It is suspected this may be one of the causes for the travel advisories. Hence we may have the travel advisories fluctuating across the various levels during this period, thus creating uncertainty for most.
  • The community is long overdue for an in-person meeting; hence we will work within the acceptable parameters to make this a reality. The OpenMRS planning team and Nigeria are committed to providing a safe and secure conference.

The proposed dates in June 2023 are as follows:

• June 5 to June 9
  • June 12 to Jun 15

0 voters

Let us know which dates work best for you, and if you have an alternative, please share.

The poll closes on December 31 2022.

9 Likes

We just learned last week that June 5-9 will likely be the Digital Square conference. So it’s unlikely that week will work.

Do we anticipate the travel advisories will change by June? I’d hate to do a lot of planning and find out that the same people couldn’t attend in June as in January…

1 Like

@christine Is Nigeria hosting this year’s event? If yes, July or August would be a good time for such event. Hand-over to a new government is May 29th and there may be travel restrictions till July.

2 Likes

@grace, thank you for sharing the information on the Digital Square conference.

@akanter, the anticipation was with the election being completed in March 2023, the advisories would have changed by May. However, based on @jaghatise’s comment, there is a need to evaluate this more carefully before announcing the official dates.

@jaghatise, Nigeria is to host this year’s event. Thank you for sharing your input. We will consider this as we determine the official dates.

1 Like

@christine @jennifer I saw the OpenMRS Implementers Conference is showing up on the new DS Community Events Calendar for this week. Believe dates are being figured out but wanted to share so it can be changed when appropriate, Upcoming Webinars — Digital Square

I think believe you would reach out to Vrunda Rathod to make the change.

Thanks for the heads up, @jthomas! I reached out to Vrunda about our new dates only last week. Hopefully the change can happen soon. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@jennifer just a headsup that 12th June is a public holiday in Nigeria: