We are AntWebsystems, an open source company in Thailand serving customers worldwide related to Apache OFBiz, GrowERP.
We have now a potential customer in Australia who is interested in Bahmni. We investigated the project and sure it looks very promising!
We have a question however and would like to know if there is interest using Apache OFBiz/GrowERP instead of open ERP, Why?
- our open source solution OFBizGrowERP uses the same technology as OpenELIS and OpenMRS : Java. OpenERP uses Python – needed knowledge to maintain the system is much less.
- Open ERP is not really open source anymore now they renamed it to Oodo. Look at the enterprise version. – Oodo is now really expensive.
- OFBiz/GrowERP can access the database of OpenELIS and OpenMRS directly natively which will ease integration. – Very simple sync jobs between systems required.
- Apache OFBiz contains Tomcat which can run the OpenELIS and OpenMRS system internally.
- With this change all systems have an Apache 2.0 compatible license which is much better then the very limited AGPL v3 .
May i have the general opinion of the Bahmni community? Looking forward working together
Regards, Hans Bakker CEO AntWebsystems.com