Remote patient monitoring module/solution

Hi everyone, I’m working on an open-sourced solution for remote patient monitoring using home devices. We started with blood pressure monitor, added image recognition function and integrated it with OpenMRS system. At the moment this is more as PoC solution, however it works and I’d like to know whether such module already exists and how to integrate with them or add such functions there or if it’s in general might be interested for OpenMRS community.

p.s. I’ve done some searching but found only one topic about that: Connect a patient monitor to Bahmni/openmrs

Thank you

Hi @timich, that’s very interesting!

At @Mekom we are always very interested in all aspects of integration with OpenMRS. It is on our roadmap to eventually connect OpenMRS with monitoring instruments.

Can you provide a bit more of details about the workflows and architecture that is behind your POC?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @mksd Here are System Context and Component diagram

Also attaching them as images. Workflow is quite simple and I’ll prepare it later and attach as well. Please let me know if you have questions as this PoC can be deployed to demoable environment if it’s needed

Thanks @timich!

That’s ingenious :slight_smile:

I guess I’ll have plenty of questions but one right away: how/where do you associate the patient identity to the vital’s reading?

I guess I have my answer. The patient uses their own device themselves to capture (and communicate) their vitals right? So when they setup the app they say who they are (through an OpenMRS patient identifier?) so that the integration layer knows to which patient to push to.

I would love to see more of the POC indeed. How can we arrange that?

I guess I have my answer. The patient uses their own device themselves to capture (and communicate) their vitals right? So when they setup the app they say who they are (through an OpenMRS patient identifier?) so that the integration layer knows to which patient to push to.

Yes, that’s right. This is the idea and how it’s implemented in PoC now.

I would love to see more of the POC indeed. How can we arrange that?

Let me bring the demo stand back to life. I’ll try to do it on weekends and then get back to you.

Thanks for the interest and have a great weekend!

1 Like

Hi @mksd, I was able to bring the demo stand for web app to life. And ready to show it. Let’s decide what is the best way and time to do it

Thanks @timich, I DM’d you on Slack, see here: https://openmrs.slack.com/archives/D01R1241UQN/p1615794712002400

1 Like