Release Management for 2.0 Maintenance Release From Bahmni

@bharatak we are planning to release the reference application in less than two weeks, and we are thinking of basing it on platform 2.0.1 Do you think the current commits in the platform 2.0.x branch, which the bahmni team has committed, are in a stable state which can be released as is? If yes, then you will be releasing platform 2.0.2 which will have all the remaining changes that you are finishing up.

Hi @dkayiwa The 2.0.1 is in stable state and we are not anticipating any major changes on the core side. It can be released as-is. We can work on 2.0.2 if there are any issues. Will you be releasing 2.0.1?

Thanks @bharatak for the response! If you are not able to release it by this week, then i will do it. :slight_smile:

@dkayiwa We have added few commits in 2.0.x branch and waiting for this issue to get done as well. Once it is done, can 2.0.2 be released?

Please let us know if anything has to be done from our side.

1 Like

@preethi_s yes you are free to release platform 2.0.2 as soon as you are done! Thanks again for the bugs you have fixed and lots of other things you have committed to the platform. Please keep up this awesome spirit! :smile:

1 Like

@dkayiwa Thanks :slight_smile:

@preethi_s, since TRUNK-4979 is now closed as won’t-fix, are you all ready to go ahead and release 2.0.2?

1 Like

@darius Nothing is pending from our side, so yes we can go ahead and release it.

1 Like

@preethi_s, cool, let us know when you expect to do this. (We must have a target date, driven by doing this before a Bahmni release deadline, right?)

1 Like

@darius We are planning to release openmrs 2.0.2 today, since we are planning to release Bahmni by end of this week. Hope that is okay with everyone as discussed with @dkayiwa.

Yes, it’s okay with everyone!

(Have you read the OpenMRS wiki page that describes the release process for a maintenance release?)

-Darius (by phone)

I would be pairing with @bharatak for the release process. Yes, I took a look at this: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Release+Process

We are releasing 2.0.2 as @preethi_s mentioned. We are moving the pending issues in JIRA to Platform 2.0.3

@bharatak and @preethi_s for those tickets in the POST COMMIT state which have already been back ported to the 2.0.x branch, the fix version should be 2.0.2. You just need to close them. :slight_smile:

@dkayiwa You are right. Changed them back to 2.0.2 and closed those tickets.

Hi @dkayiwa @darius @wyclif We are facing an issue while releasing openmrs 2.0.2. Build#150

Looking into the logs… the following is the error.

build 20-Dec-2016 07:43:46 [INFO] [INFO] Checking licenses… build 20-Dec-2016 07:43:46 [INFO] [WARNING] Missing header in: /home/bamboo-agent-1/bamboo-agent/xml-data/build-dir/TRUNK-OC2-REL/release-scripts/list-repos-using-refapp-import.txt

I cannot see a header for list-repos-using-refapp-import.txt.

Can you please suggest?

You need to add that file i.e list-repos-using-refapp-import.txt to the ignored list here, I’d think all .txt files should be ignored

Pull request: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-core/pull/1909 Can someone merge?

Just Merged!

@darius @wyclif @dkayiwa

We tried releasing after the pull request but it fails for the following error now.

[INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.1:compile (default-compile) on project openmrs-tools: Compilation failure
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR] Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR] javac: invalid target release: 1.8
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR] Usage: javac <options> <source files>
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR] use -help for a list of possible options
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR] 
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
20-Dec-2016 12:57:12	[INFO] [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :openmrs-tools   

Build log: https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-OC2-REL-151/log

Can we get some help?