Reference Application versions available in the SDK

Recently we got some new changes in the qa-server where @dkayiwa added some changes here in order to unblock the qa team. so my question is, did those changes get incorporated into any of the refapp2 versions in the sdk? I ask because when i trigger tests to run against my previous local instance and demo server all tests fail but against the qaserver they pass. So i opted to create a new server locally with those changes in the qaserver.

When i try to create a server i land into mherman22@mherman22:~$ mvn org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:4. - Pastebin.com but this link interests me from the logs i get .

However when i visit JFrog ( im guessing those should be the snapshots of 2.13.0 which should contain those changes–correct me if am wrong) and it should be among the options when i try to create a new server.

copy of the options i get instead

1. Reference Application 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
  2. Reference Application 2.12.2
  3. Reference Application 2.11.0
  4. Reference Application 2.10.0
  5. Reference Application 2.9.0
  6. Other…

cc: @ibacher @sharif @kdaud

1 Like

Those changes added are not yet incoperated in any of our reference applications. FYI all changes incorporated in reference applications must be first be released using our CIs which is bamboo unless it’s on platform core. those were the fix to enable our server pass depending on the core version.

Are you still having issues with runing your tests locally ?

yes they are failing when i spin from my local instance so i thought i would create a new instance (a snapshot sort of) but when i do the only snapshot i get is Reference Application 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

fyi the tests pass when triggered against the qa-server

With which error ?

Do you choose referencapp 3.0.0 snapshot or refapp 2.12.0

this is the version that i have for my local instance. and it is from this version that i wanted to upgrade or create a new server of a higher version than that.

This might be totally irrelevant to the heart of the question here, but: I was under the impression that we are only using Sourceforge now, and no longer jfrog (esp since I thought jfrog was going to be end-of-lifed soon). (@dkayiwa do I have this wrong?)

Latest RefApp and/or Platform Releases on Sourceforge can all be found here: OpenMRS - Browse /releases at SourceForge.net

@mherman22 Good question. You are unable to see 2.13.0 SNAPSHOT because openmrs 3.0. is the next release!

I have just changed it to also include the latest snapshot version of the old reference application distribution. https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-sdk/commit/251f4924bf79ea31fc3b063fe3e01ba7decc70e8

But because it is not yet released, you would need to run it as below:

mvn org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:4.4.0-SNAPSHOT:setup

1 Like

thanks.

dunno if the problem is on my end but i land into this blocker with the pointer being Plugin org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:4.4.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:jar:4.4.0-SNAPSHOT.

I have just released it. Update your sdk mvn openmrs-sdk:setup-sdk -U

2 Likes

JFrog (the company) provided us with two services Bintray (which is completely gone by now) and Artifactory (which is still actively supported and is our Maven repository). All of our Java code is ultimately hosted on Artifactory (which is at the URL openmrs.jfrog.io).

We probably should delete the 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT version from there though and rename the corresponding artifact. What we bundle under that name for 3.0.0 is currently incompatible with the SDK.

3 Likes

Thanks @ibacher for the clear explanation and @dkayiwa for the fix.

works fine now, thanks!