Reference Application Release 2.7 - Module Owners' / Maintainers Notification

Also, @mseaton and I were just talking… any reason we wouldn’t want to include Address Hierarchy in Ref App? @ssmusoke

Take care, Mark

I have actually asked a similar question for Ref App 2.5 but did not get any input. I have no objections on my end since it’s typically used with most distributions

1 Like

Great, thanks Mark!

@ssmusoke sounds good to me… what is the process, should I just add it to the release page and to the Ref App distro?

Take care, Mark

@mogoodrich why would i block your progress in that direction.Go ahead and add them we’ll update the release Issue tracking page and the like

Sorry @mksd, looks like Address Hierarchy doesn’t have automatic deployment set up in OpenMRS CI, and I’m not able to deploy it locally, due to this issue I’m facing:

Well keep you posted…

Take care, Mark

Oh ok, thanks for looking into it though. Really appreciated.

Don’t you prefer to setup a build there instead?

@mogoodrich I just created the ‘Release’ stage for AH Bamboo builds.
If you remember though, this release demands AH to require Core 1.9.12 (and hence release it :frowning: )

@cintiadr I experienced something weird when I wanted to add new custom variables for the plan. I first had to add the variable names available from the dropdown, prior to editing their names to the values that I needed (maven.development.version and maven.release.version). Is that the normal way to do it?

You couldn’t just type the name you wanted on the dropdown menu? That’s what should happen, you either select a global variable or you type your own (as the gray text mentions). I suppose the keys weren’t show up for you?

That’s what I couldn’t do, I could only select from the list shown in the screenshot from my previous message.

Weird. I can do that.

31 PM

What’s the exact build you were trying?

Ah sorry please disregard. I just tried and I could add one. Not sure what happened yesterday.

Sweet, thanks @mksd and @cintiadr!

Yes, adding the release step is the way to go, I was just trying to do it quickly on Friday (though creating the release step may have been quicker in the end…) :slight_smile:

Take care, Mark

Oops, @mksd… I went ahead I tried to do the release but somehow misread your post… I thought you said that you had released 1.9.12, not just that it needed to be released. I think, unfortunately, that we will need to release 1.10.6. Do you think you’ll have time to do this? Otherwise, I’ll see if I can make some time to do it.

Take care, Mark

Mmm, releasing the Core, always a pleasure! :wink:

Just to be clear, AH will then depend on and require Core 1.10.6, correct?

Currently it looks like Address Hierarchy builds against (and requires) 1.9.12-SNAPSHOT, but the tests run against 1.10.6-SNAPSHOT… I’m thinking this may have been because we had a problem getting the tests to run agaisnt 1.9.x?

So it will still depend and require only 1.9.12 (but if you are running 1.10.x it will require 1.10.6). It just means that we should probably release both 1.9.12 and 1.10.6… :frowning: I guess that’s important anyway so both 1.9.x and 1.10.x users have a released version that AH works against.

Take care, Mark

What about… you do 1.9.12 and I do 1.10.6? :sweat_smile:

Fair enough @mksd but let’s switch it, since I really should do a 1.10.6 for us anyway… :wink:

Take care, Mark

Great. Ok I’ll take care of releasing 1.9.12 then. Sometime this week…