Reference application ready for use

Application Name: Reference Application Version Number: 2.11

Question: Hello, I am using java 1.8 with tomcat 9. I have tried 2 time to install modules with reference application but the application crashes at some point. Is OpneMRS compatible with my configuration?

Is there a bundle with the core modules and without tomcat and database embeded ?

Oh sorry for the error! Kindly share the entire error the error you are getting on pastebin.com

This error could be happening because you are running the latest platform snapshot version. to solve these, you would need to use the latest snapshot version of the emrapi module.

NoClassDefFoundError: org/openmrs/web/controller/PortletController

Are you using the default reference application 2.11.0 modules without any modification? Like @jwnasambu hinted, which OpenMRS platform version are you running?

Hello, again,

I tried to reinstall it. I removed the files but I still was able to see the entry openmrs in the manager. Anyway I did knew what to do so I reuploaded the war file. I got the message FAIL - War file [openmrs.war] cannot be uploaded if context is defined in server.xml I checked conf/server.xml but I did not found any entry. What should I do ?

Thank you for the answers. I am trying to reinstall it, and I have moves the topic here

Sorry about it! Kindly which version of openmrs war file are you trying to upload? Always remember to share the entire error log using pastebin.com.

I tried to reinstall it. I downl ad the application and the add ons from the site. After I installed Htmlwidget I thindk that was the name of the module it crashed with the following error.

The following error occurred at startup: Unable to start OpenMRS. Error thrown was: org.openmrs.api.APIException: Service not found: interface org.openmrs.scheduler.SchedulerService

org.openmrs.module.ModuleException: Unable to start OpenMRS. Error thrown was: org.openmrs.api.APIException: Service not found: interface org.openmrs.scheduler.SchedulerService at org.openmrs.web.WebDaemon.startOpenmrs(WebDaemon.java:65) at org.openmrs.web.Listener.contextInitialized(Listener.java:192) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4716) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5177) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.reload(StandardContext.java:3792) at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.reload(ManagerServlet.java:1124) at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.reload(HTMLManagerServlet.java:644) at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doPost(HTMLManagerServlet.java:217) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:652) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:733) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:227) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:162) at org.apache.catalina.filters.CsrfPreventionFilter.doFilter(CsrfPreventionFilter.java:211) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:189) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:162) at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:53) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:189) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:162) at org.apache.catalina.filters.HttpHeaderSecurityFilter.doFilter(HttpHeaderSecurityFilter.java:126) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:189) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:162) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:97) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:667) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:143) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:687) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:78) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:357) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:374) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:65) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:893) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1707) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: org.openmrs.api.APIException: Service not found: interface org.openmrs.scheduler.SchedulerService at org.openmrs.web.Listener.startOpenmrs(Listener.java:259) at org.openmrs.web.WebDaemon$1.run(WebDaemon.java:42) Caused by: org.openmrs.api.APIException: Service not found: interface org.openmrs.scheduler.SchedulerService at org.openmrs.api.context.ServiceContext.getService(ServiceContext.java:686) at org.openmrs.api.context.ServiceContext.getSchedulerService(ServiceContext.java:313) at org.openmrs.api.context.Context.getSchedulerService(Context.java:546) at org.openmrs.module.web.WebModuleUtil.stopTasks(WebModuleUtil.java:369) at org.openmrs.module.web.WebModuleUtil.stopModule(WebModuleUtil.java:756) at org.openmrs.module.web.WebModuleUtil.stopModule(WebModuleUtil.java:729) at org.openmrs.module.web.WebModuleUtil.shutdownModules(WebModuleUtil.java:699) at org.openmrs.web.Listener.performWebStartOfModules(Listener.java:649) at org.openmrs.web.Listener.performWebStartOfModules(Listener.java:612) at org.openmrs.web.Listener.startOpenmrs(Listener.java:251)

Kindly include the legacyui module (if you haven’t) then stop the server and run it again.

Also share logs via pastebin.com such that this thread is not cluttered with too much …

I cann’t, Open MRS is not starting due the previous error and I can upload or remove any module from its interface.

@christoforos have you seen OpenMRS SDK - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki ie installing openmrs using the sdk?

No I have followed the instractoin on the home page for downloading the application alone and the add ons modules. I installed the application with no problem but after installing some modules I have the reported problem.

I checked the link you send but it seems very complicated for me.

well you can actually install openmrs using the sdk that comes with many of the modules arleady installed, checkout the above link

I am sorry, I just want to download tha main app and install the modules. Is it possible ?

I think I found the problem, it was the HTMLWidget module. It seems that the module downlaaded as addon are not combatible with the main application. Besides the problem with the HTMLWidget module, I see that Apps Core module is complaining about not having the uiframework 3.15. With the addons mudules package I found and installed uiframework 3.19. Shouldn;t this be enough ? Should install expicitly the 3.15 version and if so why is not bundle with the addons and instead the addons come with incompatible version ?

Well, this is so encouraging but the challenge is we can’t affirm if it’s gonna solve your problem or not. Reason why, different openmrs platform versions supports different modules version and sometimes you may be running an old version when it needs upgrading to a higher version which may cause an error too. Besides that, some modules depend on others to function and once those modules are missing you will definitely get an error.

I did e fresh install to OpenMRS Core 2.4.0. On my first login attempt I get the error:

You cannot view or manage the Add Ons since you dont have the privileges and you are not an admin.

To get the permissions contact the system administrator.

which password an username and are you using