Reference Application Distribution CI failures

Could any one be knowing why the reference application distribution CI plan has been failing for the last 6 days? https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/REFAPP-OMODDISTRO-6692

cc @raff @wyclif @cintiadr

It fails on UI tests. If you look in travis-ci logs you can see it is caused by RA server not being able to start:

ERROR - Listener.performWebStartOfModules(671) |2017-09-12 03:08:45,260| Unable to refresh the spring application context.  Root Cause was:
org.springframework.context.annotation.ConflictingBeanDefinitionException: Annotation-specified bean name 'locationDatatype' for bean class [org.openmrs.customdatatype.datatype.LocationDatatype] conflicts with existing, non-compatible bean definition of same name and class [org.openmrs.module.coreapps.customdatatype.LocationDatatype]
	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner.checkCandidate(ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner.java:320)
	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner.doScan(ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner.java:259)
	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ComponentScanBeanDefinitionParser.parse(ComponentScanBeanDefinitionParser.java:87)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:74)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1427)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1417)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:174)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.doRegisterBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:144)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:100)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:510)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:392)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:336)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:304)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:181)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:217)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:188)
	at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:125)
	at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:94)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:129)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:537)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:452)
	at org.openmrs.module.ModuleUtil.refreshApplicationContext(ModuleUtil.java:842)
	at org.openmrs.module.web.WebModuleUtil.refreshWAC(WebModuleUtil.java:866)
	at org.openmrs.web.Listener.performWebStartOfModules(Listener.java:658)
	at org.openmrs.web.Listener.performWebStartOfModules(Listener.java:637)
	at org.openmrs.web.Listener.startOpenmrs(Listener.java:268)
	at org.openmrs.web.WebDaemon$1.run(WebDaemon.java:42)

It started to fail after this build of coreapps: https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/CA-CA-3332 and this commit in particular: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-coreapps/commit/dc747f394ac5ac3da8ff7a194ffb084df772a96f

I wonder why it was failing for such long without any intervention. @cioan, did you get a notification for the build failure or they are not sent out? If you did, was it unclear how to track down the cause?

@dkayiwa, it’s not the first time you ask for the cause of the UI test failure. Are you having trouble to identify it yourself or you did not try?

Fix committed in https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-coreapps/commit/6e89c505ed825a85526e42574855a4ab41be4849

1 Like

@raff i did not want to investigate, just in case some one else was aware of the cause and hence save me some time. Then after no response, i was to head straight into it. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks @raff for fixing this issue. Sorry I was offline for couple days. I don’t think I got any notification for this failure.