Reference Application 2.7 Planning, Ideas, Features and Road Map

@mksd What I am saying is that RA-1425 should explicitly focus on providing editing functionality for all sections of the Registration app

The current title and description only talk about looping through sections and displaying their data.

The section summary widget should provide a link to the edit section page by default. So in my understanding, ensuring that all section summary widgets are displayed should solve the issue.

I know that there is a limitation when registration sections records obs, is that what you mean? If yes can’t we move the issue forward as it is and solve the obs case down the line, or through a subsequent ticket?

@mksd That is where we diverge - I think the edit link should be provided and not tied to sections at all
 There should just be a link to edit the registration as the information was entered without having to display sections.

This probably belongs in the RegisterPatientPageController

I think that the section summary widget does provide an edit link already (here).
My understanding is: give it a section ID and it will summarise the data and provide an edit link.

I don’t really intend the ticket to change anything there, just leverage this widget when showing configured sections (if any are defined on top of ‘contact info’ and ‘demographics’).

So basically, if my reg. app JSON config adds a ‘Next of kin’ section, I want my reg. summary page to show the widget for that section and provide me with an edit link. And I want this to just happen seamlessly. If a section was configured for “enter”, it should just be there for “edit” amongst other sections.
All this just leveraging the existing two UI components: (1) reg. summary page and (2) reg. summary widget.

@mksd as per our discussion I have updated the title and description of https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RA-1425 and also added https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RA-1426 to cater for adding a link to edit the registration information for a patient