Reference Application 2.12.0 installation error

Application Name: Reference Application Version Number: 2.12.0-SNAPSHOT

Question: I have finished installing OpenMRS platform on Tomcat and it is running successfully. Now, I am trying to install the Reference Application (2.12.0-SNAPSHOT) on top of it. The configuration of my machine is as below:

OpenMRS Platform/ core: 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT

Reference Application: 2.12.0-SNAPSHOT

Ubuntu (Linux): 18.04.2 LTS

Java (openjdk): 1.8.0_275

Apache Tomcat: 9.0.26

MySQL: 14.14 Distrib 5.7.32

The source of the RefApp was downloaded from:

GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-distro-referenceapplication

The RefApp from the above source was built locally to generate all the omod files. The omod files were then copied to the modules directory of OpenMRS (the necessary file permissions were also set) and the server was restarted but the modules are not getting integrated with the platform. The tomcat error log is as below:

Please help me solve the above error. Thank you!

Which version of mysql are you using, this error seem related to database changelogs

@sharif As specified in my question, I have been using the MySQL version:

14.14 Distrib 5.7.32

Also, the error I have mentioned in my question does not appear if I run the OpenMRS platform using the Jetty server. When run using the Jetty server, Reference Application (2.12.0-SNAPSHOT) is perfectly compatible with OpenMRS platform (2.4.0-SNAPSHOT). The error seems to be specific to Tomcat installation.

Sorry i miss-quoted that you are right its about tomcat

Hoping to find a possible solution to this issue. Should I install a different version of Tomcat? I have specified the complete configuration of my System above and have quoted it below again:

I am not sure if there is a compatibility issue between any of the above installations. Please suggest a possible workaround. Thank you.

What is the character set and collation of your database?

@dkayiwa Below are the details of the ‘openmrs’ DB:

The character set of the Database is-

latin1

The collation of the Database is-

latin1_swedish_ci

Thank you.

1 Like

Use character set: utf8 and collation: utf8_general_ci

1 Like

When I used the Jetty server, the ‘openmrs’ DB was created automatically during the set-up but with Tomcat I had to create the DB manually. Other than that, after changing the character set and collation, the issue has been sorted! Thanks a lot!

Even with tomcat, you should be able to have the database automatically created for you.