REDCap integration with EMR

Reference Application: 3.0:

Question:

Hi Everyone,

I recently read that REDCap is introducing a new feature that allows it to connect with the EPIC EMR, I’m also currently doing some work where having a similar feature for OpenMRS would be helpful. I’m curious to know how many other groups are using REDCap for data collection? If you are using it, is your institution using advanced features like auto approval of production changes and two-factor authentication? Any thoughts on connecting it to OpenMRS, they do currently have an API, and we’re working to figure out how to leverage this to import data into our OpenMRS instance.

Jessica

I know that we were considering this for a project in Nepal, but it is quite difficult to integrate data collection if there is not a clear mapping to the concept dictionary. It is easier to output data from the EMR and create an analytics data set consumable by REDCap. I wonder what @paynejd has to say about this :slight_smile:

I think an integration is a great idea. My involvement with the system was years ago so I’m not familiar with the integration approach they took with EPIC EMR. REDCap has a very active online community and I would recommend reaching out to them.

@paynejd, the EPIC integration is brand new… I’m not even sure it is released yet. I’m a part of the vanderbilt community and they are having sessions on EPIC integration during their annual REDCap day. active online community? Is this the one for administrators? I don’t currently have access to this, is there one for end users?

Any update on this, @ruffjm? @mozzy this is relevant for us.

1 Like

sure , it would be great if theres any existing innitial work done on this

The redcap integration in Epic Ces’s dome through FHIR. I think the plan was to wait for the new version of OpenMRS that is FHIR compatiable.

Jessica

1 Like

RedCAP has a data integration tool. Just saw it:

Bringing this back up to see what the current status of integration? is it possible to use RedCap to create demographic records in OpenMRS/Bahmni? @sanjayap

1 Like

Thanks @amarcelo we will check in the possibilities of pulling the data directly from EMR, noticed the publication of code too. @akanter will update the progress, this will be use case for Possiblehealth HFN. cc. @suruchi

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Competition of data sharing frameworks?