Recommending Jayasanka Weerasinghe for /dev/3

I’d like to suggest promoting @jayasanka to /dev/3 in recognition of his remarkably dedicated efforts in our DHIS2 integration suite, specifically the DHIS2 Connector module and applying this in our COVID Squad. Since I’m not a dev expert, I’m recommending Jayasanka with @dkayiwa’s expert blessing. :slight_smile:

He’s worked really hard as a developer. From the beginning his GSOC blog posts were really clear. His well-written posts are actually what helped me find out about his work, follow what he was doing, and eventually we realized it was a great fit to bring his GSOC work into the COVID squad - and this ended up leading to substantial upgrades to the DHIS2 Connector module.

But he’s gone even more above and beyond. Here are just a few examples:

• Product Planning: He prioritized a backlog of work tasks and led clearly organized sprints leading to efficient upgrade releases of the module.
  • Leadership: He recruited, onboarded, and supported new contributors all the way through successfully contributing to the DHIS2 Connector module, and releasing new upgrades together.
  • User Communication & Wireframes: He communicated well with implementers on Talk with clear questions and beautiful sketches to try and clarify their real needs in the field.
  • Championing the Product: He created an engaging product demo video that briefly but effectively communicates the value of the work for real implementers (this also ended up being our most-viewed OpenMRS video in all of 2020).
  • Pushing ahead to understand requirements when things are unclear: All this came from his very hard work figuring out the needs between OpenMRS and DHIS2, finding his way through a GSOC project that didn’t originally have much project description.

By engaging in such a wide range of skills, Jayasanka has shown the qualities of being both a team player and a product team leader.

I hope we will continue to see more of Jayasanka’s thoughtful work around the community! :slight_smile:

Shoutout to @dkayiwa, @ibacher and @k.joseph for mentoring the recent COVID squad & DHIS2 Connector work, and especially to @piumal1999 @bawanthathilan and @anjisvj for also joining the COVID squad and already committing an impressively coordinated effort together in a short amount of time!

13 Likes

well deserved @jayasanka , Thanks @grace for bringing this up

1 Like

Congratulations @jayasanka you really deserve it !! thanks to the mentors too.

1 Like

congs @jayasanka :ok_hand: :+1:

1 Like

@jayasanka you are a great blessing to our community. Keep up the awesomeness! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Truly inspired by @jayasanka work. You deserve the best.

1 Like

Congratulations and well done @jayasanka! It’s awesome to have you as part of our community!

2 Likes

Well deserved @jayasanka congratulations keep up the spirit and well done :ok_hand:

1 Like

congrats :heart: :100: :boom:@jayasanka

1 Like

Congratulations @jayasanka

2 Likes

Congratulations @jayasanka :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation, @grace!

Many thanks to @dkayiwa, @ibacher, @k.joseph, and @grace for taking the time to mentor me, it really meant a lot!

Thanks everyone! It’s always a pleasure working with you all! :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Congratulations!! @jayasanka :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Well done @jayasanka :partying_face:

Congratulations @jayasanka . Your contributions are really impressive. Keep up the spirit as we also emulate you.

1 Like

Congratulations! @jayasanka :partying_face: :clap::tada: