Recognizing Suruchi Dhungana with the Community Business Analyst role

As @suruchi has recently earned the challenging designation of OpenMRS Product Management level 3, and to honor the continued work Suruchi contributes to our community, I would like to give her an additional, earned-community-role of Community Business Analyst. She’ll continue to be especially focused on both the OCL Squad and the ANC DAK / Decision Support project as she is now - but it’s time to recognize she has earned a clear role designation in addition to her fellowship role.

To understand the full scope of everything Suruchi has worked on and experienced in the last 2 years leading up to earning this designation, please see the links below. Some of my personal favorite stories from Suruchi’s last 2 years include:

• When her intentional efforts to zoom-interview OpenMRS implementers around the world helped her discover a critical persona for OCL, which we hadn’t realized before and which changed the way we prioritized and communicated the value of terminology management (details about this in her article here)
  • When last year she personally identified organizations/clinics/hospitals near her in Kathmandu and visited them in-person to better understand their pain points related to concept management, and to share with them the direction of the Dictionary Manager and OCL for real-world-feedback.
  • When earlier this year she realized we needed to elevate the real-world challenges MSF or the Bahmni community are facing in leveraging OCL, and organized several deep-dive sessions to help the entire OCL Squad hear the voice of these key users.
  • When last week she gathered together with community developers Daniel and Joshua to collaboratively plan next steps in the rather complex CQL prototyping work. This kind of multi-disciplinary team dynamic is exactly what I like to see; it’s a hallmark of successful software product teams.

Product Management is a never ending journey of personal growth and learning. Thank you Suruchi for your conscientious hard-work and life-long-learner mindset!

Detailed documentation of Suruchi’s 2-year Product-Management journey and accomplishments:

10 Likes

Thank you @grace. I am excited to continue working as Community Business Analyst. Indeed, Product Management is never ending journey of personal growth and learning, and I am eager to learn more and grow more!!

2 Likes

Congratulations @suruchi ! Well deserved. You have made some amazing contributions to openmrs!

2 Likes

Thank you very much @janflowers.

1 Like

Many congratulations @suruchi, very well deserved :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Thank you @nikeshbalami

@suruchi This is well deserved - and what a fantastic way to end 2022! Congratulations!

It’s been a real pleasure to have you in our community at a time when we’re seeing greater interest and need for product managers and business analysts. I’m excited to see where you take this role in the coming year.

2 Likes

Thank you Jen. It would not have been possible without your support and encouragement :hugs:.

I am also excited to explore more and learn more as a Business Analyst :fireworks:.

2 Likes

Congratulations, Suruchi! बधाई छ

1 Like

congratulations @suruchi !

1 Like

धन्यवाद @akanter :slight_smile:

Thank you @ddesimone :slight_smile:

Congratulation @suruchi

1 Like

Thank you bro :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s exciting to know. Congratulations Suruchi.

1 Like