As @suruchi has recently earned the challenging designation of OpenMRS Product Management level 3, and to honor the continued work Suruchi contributes to our community, I would like to give her an additional, earned-community-role of Community Business Analyst. She’ll continue to be especially focused on both the OCL Squad and the ANC DAK / Decision Support project as she is now - but it’s time to recognize she has earned a clear role designation in addition to her fellowship role.
To understand the full scope of everything Suruchi has worked on and experienced in the last 2 years leading up to earning this designation, please see the links below. Some of my personal favorite stories from Suruchi’s last 2 years include:
- When her intentional efforts to zoom-interview OpenMRS implementers around the world helped her discover a critical persona for OCL, which we hadn’t realized before and which changed the way we prioritized and communicated the value of terminology management (details about this in her article here)
- When last year she personally identified organizations/clinics/hospitals near her in Kathmandu and visited them in-person to better understand their pain points related to concept management, and to share with them the direction of the Dictionary Manager and OCL for real-world-feedback.
- When earlier this year she realized we needed to elevate the real-world challenges MSF or the Bahmni community are facing in leveraging OCL, and organized several deep-dive sessions to help the entire OCL Squad hear the voice of these key users.
- When last week she gathered together with community developers Daniel and Joshua to collaboratively plan next steps in the rather complex CQL prototyping work. This kind of multi-disciplinary team dynamic is exactly what I like to see; it’s a hallmark of successful software product teams.
Product Management is a never ending journey of personal growth and learning. Thank you Suruchi for your conscientious hard-work and life-long-learner mindset!
Detailed documentation of Suruchi’s 2-year Product-Management journey and accomplishments:
- Her fellowship journey starting in Nov 2020: My OpenMRS Fellowship Journey: Suruchi
- My Fellowship Journey- Suruchi: Final Reflections (2021) Untitled presentation - Google Slides
- 2022 Check-in: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DOumAulkx9YRsE5TiNAgioS1gNj5iqMV8RNpV5wftnQ/edit#slide=id.g15b7a33c7bd_0_77
- My Fellowship Journey-Suruchi: Final Reflections (2022) My Fellowship Journey-Suruchi: Final Reflections (2022) - Google Slides