Recent releases for the uiframework module missing in modulus

In github I see that the uiframework module has had other release tags since 3.6 but none of them is in modulus, does our release process page for the ref app mention that all module with new releases need to be uploaded to modulus?

(Currently) All releases of modules (even if done via the Bamboo workflow) need to be manually uploaded to modulus. So probably whoever clicked the bamboo release button probably forgot to do this.

(Soon, I think) Artifactory will automatically push releases to bintray, and they’ll get indexed by the modulus replacement I’m working on. So there will be no manual steps required beyond just doing a maven release.

@wyclif the cause of that has always been lack of permissions. The release manager does not usually have permission to upload certain modules to modulus. He or she pings those with permissions but some do not respond. :slight_smile:

I just uploaded the latest uiframework release (3.9) to modulus, so at least the latest one is there.

(I tried to make dkayiwa a maintainer, but this feature of modulus appears to be broken, and it won’t save this.)

-Darius

Thanks! So will the other versions make it into modulus?

@wyclif you have privileges on uiframework in modulus, so you could manually get the releases from artifactory, rename them (from .jar to .omod), and upload them to modulus.

Alternately you can try to make Daniel a maintainer via the modulus REST API. I documented the hacky way to do this Duplicate reporting module in modulus (and in earlier posts in that thread).

Can’t log into bintray yet but I’ve added Daniel to the list of maitainers

I have some -1s to give out, about recent bookkeeping work on the UI Framework module.

• Multiple releases of the UI Framework module have been done recently without updating JIRA, e.g. @dkayiwa released 3.9 and I think @ssmusoke released 3.10, but in JIRA 3.8 is still marked as unreleased.
  • Some commits to the UI Framework are associated (only) with an RA ticket, but they should instead have a UIFR ticket. E.g. @adamg, @raff (merging)
  • Recent commits reference tickets that have no fixVersion (maybe because of the first point). E.g. UIFR-203, UIFR-204, UIFR-205 by @dkayiwa

I’d ask everyone: please take the time to ensure that work we do gets documented properly in a way that can be put in release notes, and that people can follow later on.

Specifically every time non-trivial code is committed or merged, it must be associated with a ticket, and that ticket must be given a fixVersion. If you’re merging code and don’t have permission (or knowledge) about how to maintain a project’s fixVersions, it is your responsibility to get this fixed; it’s not enough to leave it for someone else to try to work out what happened later on.

This is especially important for “framework” modules where people actually need to be able to know whether a certain feature/fix is available in their version.

(Edit: I think I have cleaned things up now, except for the commits that don’t have a UIFR ticket. Please help me not have to do this again.)

@darius my bad … :sweat: Unfortunately I do not have access to uiframework to upload 3.10.

Any advice on how I can get access to all the different ref app modules that I have released in the last 2 weeks

@ssmusoke there is a list of maintainers listed for each module in modulus, you can always ask any of the listed maintainers to give you access, Daniel, Darius, Rafa, Mark and Myself are listed as maintainers for most RA modules so chances are reaching out to any of us would be of help.

To clarify, I care less about the module not being uploaded to modulus, because that’s straightforward to fix.

But if you release a module you have to clean up JIRA. Because that’s much harder do to after the fact.

-Darius