Re-design Home screen with a better UI.

@grace, Thanks for your appreciation

1. Why do a UI redesign? because it was part of GSoC 2021 additional objectives. It doesn’t give any additional benefits, but it gives the user a modern and fresh look.
  2. The design used here was taken from Google material designs, recommended by google for mobile applications. Talking about Carbon Design System, As of my research they don’t provide ios/android design guidelines. They are focused on desktop and web-based UI/UX. But If we are implementing it on OpenMRS WebApp we can take reference from the Carbon Design System to design Mobile App. So yes This is possible I am creating a mockup from the reference, I think after that we can better decide we should move on with this or not.
1 Like

@rishabh997 @saurabh, please suggest some ideas for the carbon design system as it is new for me. And I am not satisfied with my own designs.

@sahuadarsh0 the whole app at present follows google material design in all its modules, it wont be good to just make the home screen UI based on carbon design system,

but as @grace said we are moving towards with carbon design system in OpenMRS 3.0, so in my thought .

1. we can go ahead and implement this new google material design on homescreen UI since it not only gives a new look but also introduces bottom nav drawers which make the title bar look less cluttered and improve UX.

2. Since we are going to move to the preferred carbon design system for OpenMRS 3.0 so we should create a new Issue for the carbon re-design where we can collectively migrate the whole design to the carbon based design.

thoughts cc @grace @rishabh997

1 Like