RA-1484: Its a must to fix

Hello members,

I know we are looking forward for our RefApp release which is due to April 27, 2018. There are many new features in it that you can’t afford to miss but its absurd this issue must be fixed for it to be released. I kindly need your help to fix it so as our release to be released on that very set date.

https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RA-1484 Wrong default concept used for sticky notes

CC @akanter, @darius and @dkayiwa

I thought we had a plan for this. If you must have a ciel release then which version do you need for the build? I can do a 2.0 or 2.1.

@darius, @ssmusoke and @dkayiwa what is your advice

@ssmusoke, @jwnasambu, if something is a MUST for release then the ticket should be marked ready for work, and with priority=must. The ticket still says In Backlog!

I see from https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-distro-referenceapplication/blob/master/pom.xml#L33 that the reference application is currently using Platform 2.0.x. Is that right? (I would have expected us to go to the latest platform release, which is 2.1.x, but if this hasn’t happened yet, and the release is imminent, then I guess it won’t happen.) Please confirm that we need a version of CIEL for Platform 2.0.x.

Andy and I had asked on the ticket what the timeline was, and whether it could wait until the usual CIEL release schedule. I see that the target release date is April 27, so either Andy has to do a release early, or else the release has to be delayed.

Is everything else ready, and do we have a release candidate on a UAT server for testing?

@akanter is it practical for you to do a CIEL release ASAP, or is there some date in the near future that would be more straightforward?

I had wondered whether it was sufficient to provide the specific rows from the table so that they could be added manually to the release. However, if it is an issue to do that, or it introduces too much risk, I would just create a new release for the team. Since I don’t want to hold up the release, I would recommend that I just pull together a 2.0 and 2.1 release (since they both come from the same process anyway).

I will try to do so immediately.

OK. I uploaded special versions of only the 2.0 and 2.1 zip files to dropbox. Please check it out to make sure it is OK. I will remove them once you have what you need.

@akanter, do you mind sharing the link of the dropbox ?

Please send me your email to one of my email addresses. I can’t invite you through talk. https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+and+Using+the+MVP-CIEL+Concept+Dictionary

@darius and @ssmusoke not everything is ready as such, but we are almost there. Not all module maintainers have have confirmed if we expect some changes to be included in our release or not.

I have tried several times to download the drow box but all in vain am not giving up until am there. I suppose Andy shared with you the link and you may have gone through the files. My question is could those changes enable us to release on 27th April, 2017 April? if yes, is it prudent to change the status of the ticket RA - 1484?

CC @akanter


Which version do you need? I’ll email it to you

As far as I know they need 2.0.x.

That is 2 days away. I would expect there would be some UAT period longer than 2 days (see Release Process) so I think that date is going to have to move regardless. (Unless I’ve missed some other thread about UAT.)

@darius thanks for the feedback. Does it mean our release date is going to next month? if yes which date do you suggest?

CC @ssmusoke

A must fix means no release without it a delay of a week is not as big as a problem as an issue in a released version