Query on OpenMRS use in ebola response

I am looking at how you have deployed Open MRS to help in the ebola response for ETUs, if you in fact have done so. We are working with kobocollect for mobile data collection, but are interested to see whether this can be integrated with Open MRS for clinic management. Would you be able to add me to skype to discuss?

Saludos,

Jeffrey Villaveces

Chief, Information Management

United Nations Mission for Ebola Emergency Response

Dear Jeffrey

The OpenMRS wiki has some description of the work. It’s ongoing work, so perhaps it’s not crystal-clear from these wiki pages:

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Ebola https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Ebola+Treatment+Unit+EMR

There’s current work to build functionality into OpenMRS for clinical care at Ebola Treatment Units (ETU). This work is done for the Save the Children ETU in Kerry Town, Sierra Leone. Our hope is that this work will help other places who are doing similar work for the Ebola Response. The team has done much work, but there’s still more to come. Forms and detailed workflow have been created and multiple iterations by the dedicated team have produced excellent results. A demo system is available which shows a few of the many forms…

I’m very interested to hear more about how you are using kobocollect. Could you please describe the locations, NGOs, and application of this tool? It would be great to interface mobile collection tools to a solid EMR like OpenMRS. You would find much support for this idea in the community.

Regards,

Ellen Ball Partners In Health

1 Like

Hi Jeffrey thanks for getting in touch. Further to Ellen’s comments we are making good progress with the OpenMRS-Ebola EMR and are about to ramp up programming to get a first version out in the next few weeks.

We are very interested to hear more about your mHealth work. Myself in particular as I am working on a strategy to link ETCs to mHealth tools and have been reaching out to other organizations working in Sierra Leone. I can talk tomorrow or Friday UK time and feel free to contact me by email.

Regards

Hamish

1 Like