Super. PIH will join the discussion. We appreciate the emphasis on the work.
Based on yesterday’s quarterly Scrum of Scrums I would like to propose several design topics:
Data Warehousing and Analytics
- Description: The eSaude team wants to work on data warehousing and analytics in the upcoming quarter. They are interested to learn about existing work by Bahmni and PIH, to understand if they can leverage one of these approaches.
- Required attendee(s): @ningosi, @valvijo, @pramidat, @mseaton
- Desired Timing: eSaude should comment on this
UI Dev Conventions
- Description: A lot of JS development is happening these days, it feels very scattered, and many people don’t know what the current best practices are or what code/libraries they should be starting from. Let’s have a call to see if we can identify good practices and reusable components being used in recent development, and document them in an obvious place.
- Required attendee(s): @dkayiwa, @darius, (@raff), @darius, @burke, @mogoodrich
- Desired Timing: no preference
OCL for OpenMRS
- Description: Continuation of previous design calls, continue to get feedback on design and mockups at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R_Fgr5SBl4xFNJgj6yMJNVY63b5H_OUqM55o1GFqFKs/edit#heading=h.rc908wooykzg and hopefully get the beginning of this project to be ready-for-work.
- Required attendee(s): @paynejd, @darius, @ball, (@pramidat), (@madhubalam), (@akanter)
- Desired Timing: ASAP; on a Monday
A post was merged into an existing topic: Design Time for UI Dev Conventions
A design call to discuss approaches for simpler appointments scheduling, whether this can be based on the current appointment scheduling or a new module based on Patient Appointment Scheduling - Integration with other forms
So there are already two appointment scheduling OpenMRS modules out there, there should be a way to not create a third one…
Otherwise, on the principle, I support moving forward enhancements of the appointment scheduling feature and achieving a better integration with other tools/screens/APIs in OpenMRS and its distributions.
Adding Order Status for Orders
Description: The PIH team is looking to build functionality for “Order Tracking”, and adding a “status” to Orders would help to facilitate this.
Desired Timing: ASAP (just not the one starting in 15 minutes)
Following up with the discussion here(Order Entry UI Sprint 7 Progress), we would like to schedule a design forum.
Title: Discuss/finalize the Consolidated Order Entry UI design/flow.
Description: Consolidated Order Entry UI is a proposal from @ddesimone, more details about it can be found in this Talk post.
A team of developers from Andela(which I am a part of) has started working on the initial design provided in the Talk post and here is a link to the sprint announcement Order Entry UI Sprint 7 Announcement.
However, there have been a lot of feedback given on the initial design(here and here) which has to be integrated into what is already existing. This call is meant to help facilitate the discussion on how to integrate the feedback provided into what is already existing.
Desired timing: Next Available Slot(16th July 2018).
2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Design forum to discuss/finalize the Consolidated Order Entry UI design/flow
A post was merged into an existing topic: Design forum to discuss/finalize the Consolidated Order Entry UI design/flow
Title: Adding end-to-end test automation to OpenMRS applications
Description: Several times a year we run a suite of front-end tests to validate core scenarios in the Esaude POC. We run these tests manually which requires a dedicated team and several months of work. During the spring of 2018 we developed an end-to-end automation tests framework–using CodeceptJS and puppeteer–to run tests automatically. Since then we’ve automated several tests in our suite to run in under 5 mins total, tests that previously took hours to run manually. We think this work is important because it will allow us to validate core scenarios much more frequently–on a daily basis before new code is checked in rather than on a quarterly basis–which should result in less regressions and more time for new features. We still have quite a bit of work to do, but would like to present what we have done so far in hopes it resonates with others in the community.
Goal: Present our end-to-end automation framework and discuss ways that it can be improved upon and used by others members of the OpenMRS commuity.
Desired time: Early Aug
I would like to suggest a design call to look at Ampath Form Builder technology and lessons learned implementing it as part of the process of working towards Point of Care + Retrospective Entry - Advice, Experiences and Best Practices
Hi, can we have a Design Call tomorrow June 25 for data model or other design questions for the Oncology module we are building as part of the 3 week IBM Health Corps engagement?
We are midway through the engagement and it’s important to get through some of these questions as soon as possible. We will post something for review tomorrow morning. Sorry for the short notice.
Those watching this post would love to get your thoughts on Issues Arranging Design Forum Calls
title: clinical decision support using (Snake disease model) and linking it to the signs and symptoms and treatment and cure from the disease that the patient has. description: snake disease model has a template like the one in these episodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsWLoJeCU48 desired attendees: clinical informaticists desired timing: whenever appropriate
Title: Google Summer of Code 2018 - After Action Review
Description: GSoC 2018 has come to an end, and it’s time to reflect on this year’s program and all the great contributions made by students and mentors alike, as well as looking forward to GSoC 2019 and how we can apply new learnings to making next year’s program a success.
Desired Timing: Monday 27th August
Title: More patientSearch filters such as age and gender
Desired dates: 5, 10, 12 september
2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Design time for More patientsearch filters such as age and gender
I’d like to propose this design call:
- Title. How do we define an “active” order as a search parameter for the Order service?
- Description. We propose adding a new service method to allow searching for orders across multiple criteria, like “includeInactive”. How do we define an active order and what is the best way to implement search based on it? Related ticket: https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-5424
- Required attendee(s). @mogoodrich, @darius, @burke
- Desired timing. September 12th or 17th
Title: EHR UX Re-Design. Concept Demo.
Description: At AMPATH we are in the process of creating a concept re-design of our EHR user interface.
This will help provide a common framework and goal to move towards as we build new features.
The EHR is growing from the needs of outpatient HIV care, to serve multiple clinic types. An all purpose EHR design is needed.
Users have expressed the need for something that is very easy to use. It has to run on tablet, Chromebook, and phone. It has to be able to separate data and workflows by system (eg HIV, Diabetes), while at the same time be able to seamlessly provide care to patients with multiple issues at once. As an internist I am particularly interested in the ability to multitask and view high density patient data while concurrently writing orders & notes. The interface has to easily scale with minimal configuration as new clinic types and workflows are added.
Goal: We are looking for feedback from the community on the mockups, so that we can continue to improve them before building an interactive prototype.
Desired timing: Is there a time slot between Sept 26 - Oct 3rd?
cc: jthomas, jdick Thank you