Through our Digital Square award, we have an opportunity to work on a proof of concept around patient-level indicator reporting. We’d like to hear what you think about the following, high level plan that will guide our work over a twelve-month period - likely starting in June or July.
What questions do you have about this plan? What’s missing? What would you add or change?
- Objective 1: Develop a proof of concept which supports the calculation of the TX_PVLS indicator.
- Activity 1.1: Use community forums to bring together a small team of subject matter experts and business analysts to define the initial scope and identify existing work to leverage.
- Activity 1.2: Establish a project page on the OpenMRS Wiki with documented roles, responsibilities, and communication channels to be used during the project period.
- Activity 1.3: Identify the relevant concepts in a standardized terminology to be used for data capture.
- Objective 2: Build a proof of concept that supports exporting the necessary data for the measure calculation to a standard format e.g., a CSV or a FHIR bundle.
- Activity 2.1: Define the architectural design of the module based on the FHIR R4 standards.
- Activity 2.2: Export the data from OpenMRS for consumption by a tool capable of calculating the TX_PVLS indicator on the basis of the data.
- Objective 3: Build the capability for reading a FHIR Measure resource for the TX_PVLS indicator
- Activity 3.1: Setup a proof of concept FHIR Measure resource to be consumed by OpenMRS
- Activity 3.2: Consume the FHIR Measure resource and generate the corresponding patient-level output in the standard format used in Objective 2.
- Activity 3.3: Adapt the FHIR interfaces of OpenMRS to support the overall workflow.
- Activity 3.4: Contribute to FHIR profiling activities as relevant.
- Activity 3.5: Feedback insights or suggestions for improvements to relevant organizations.