Problems with the Online Demo

Hello,

Yesterday I did a live demo for the staff at the Kirpal Charitable Hospital. The feedback regarding your software was very good.

However, there were three problems with the online demo platform during the demonstration. I have created a GitHub Gist with a bug report for each of them:

(1) Cannot save medication in online demo https://gist.github.com/jmewes/893a777052bcd79c80911bf4aa8a15fd (2) Missing and wrong information in error message popup https://gist.github.com/jmewes/e3fd33e6797bc376ebb7fba105af7f93 (3) Documented online demo credentials for OpenERP (Odoo) don’t work https://gist.github.com/jmewes/7cd5c8a4fa036c1339d0a2a2128cbaeb

Hi @janux, Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate your efforts in creating detailed Gist for the issues.

I just reproduced the same scenario that you mentioned. I can see the medication details got saved successfully. You can find the attached screenshot here. The only difference that I pointed out is the date format is different for Start Date from your screenshot. We will check that.

I think root cause for the both issues are same.

demo credentials for OpenERP work for openerp database. You need to select the openerp database from the dropdown.

(3) Documented online demo credentials for OpenERP (Odoo) don’t work

demo credentials for OpenERP work for openerp database. You need to select the openerp database from the dropdown.

If I use the “openerp” database from the dropdown it will work for me as well. Could someone please add a hint for this in the wiki page “Bahmni Online Demo”. I am not permitted to do so.

(1) Cannot save medication in online demo Bahmni Bug Report: Cannot save medication in online demo · GitHub

I just reproduced the same scenario that you mentioned. I can see the medication details got saved successfully. You can find the attached screenshot here. The only difference that I pointed out is the date format is different for Start Date from your screenshot. We will check that.

If I change the language of my Fedora OS to English (India, British, Singapure) it will lead to the same problem.

See screenshot for British local:

pasteboard.co/9hHVEj9pd.png

Using Windows 7 (German locale/time) the same.

I will try it out on some Indian office computer later on.

(2) Missing and wrong information in error message popup

I think root cause for the both issues are same.

Even then it would be nice to have a better error message. I’ll look into the source code later but my laptop is not strong enough not run a Vagrant VM so I might not get too far.

Hi @binduak,

Thank you for trying to reproduce it! Unfortunately, the same problem occurs when I try the “steps to reproduce” on a random Indian computer (Windows 10/Chrome). The time format there looked like this 28-04-2017.

Hi @janux, I have changed language to English(India) in my Mac and I successfully created a drug order in online demo instance. The time format is 2017-05-03.

I wonder why it is different in your case. Can you recheck and confirm once. Thank you.