Privilege to edit patient demographic information

Hello all, I am trying to limit the privileges of editing patient demographic information from patient dashboard for a given set of users. I tried to remove Edit patient from the privileges for these users but it didn’t work. Where should I go to remove this button

Please see picture below

I peeked at the code, and there is currently no privilege check on this.

This would require a code change.

If you want to do this, create a JIRA ticket in the RA project. Steps to fix this would include:

• create a new privilege (not sure if it goes in the Registration App module or the Reference Metadata module)
  • Add a requirePrivilege check in this file.
  • In Reference Demo Data and/or Reference Metadata make sure that this new privilege is given to the relevant roles.

Thanks very much @darius It took me longtime. But I have finally created the ticket here https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RA-1377

One more thing, I have created another ticket previously and it is still there. Is there anything I can do to give it a push :slight_smile:

Thanks very much Darius

One of the surest ways of having it done is to take it up yourself. We always have mentors who can guide you through the process. Along the way, you will learn a lot and hence avoid the problem of always having to wait up to whenever someone will pick it up. :slight_smile:

Thanks @dkayiwa I am technically a provider and implementer. Never been a developer. It will be a disastrous process for the mentor to mentor me :slight_smile: Unless it is too easy

@yadamz one of the things you can do to give a ticket some pushing, is describe it as exhaustively as you can. For instance, you gave a link to the talk thread on the ticket that you created earlier. But some volunteer developers may not have the time to go through that entire thread just to get a summary of the problem and what they need to do. If you can do that for them in the ticket description, the more likely they will take it up. The talk thread link can still stay, just in case they need to ask a followup question on the thread. You could attach screenshots, and even give a direct link to a server like qa-refapp.openmrs.org reproducing the problem. With such a server, you can easily test the developer changes because it gets rebuilt after each commit.

After that, you can ping us to make it ready for development, set its complexity, and label it with intro or community priority as necessary.