Calling all mentors, mentees, and fellows!
We had a great conversation a couple of weeks ago about some of the foundations for a successful mentorship experience for all involved.
Since then, a few people have reached out with interest in diving into some more topics and/skills. If there’s a particular mentorship topic you’d like to dig into this week, please let me know by taking this poll:
- Effective communication & feedback
- Structured v. unstructured mentorship
- Ways to assess progress
- Identifying goals & current reality
If there’s a topic that interests you that isn’t reflected in the poll, please share in this thread!
@k.joseph @mozzy @dkayiwa @kdaud @gracebish @settix @jwnasambu @hadijah315 @suruchi @gcliff @sharif @herbert24 @sidvaish97 @akshika47 @rishabh997 What are Mentor Office Hours all about? This is a time and space to advance a culture of mentoring in our community by:
- Connecting with other OpenMRS mentors
- Sharing mentoring tools and resources
- Asking questions about mentorship techniques and tools
- Discussing ways to succeed as a mentor
Who: Fellow mentors, GSoC mentors, and anyone in the community interested in mentoring others and/or improving our dev stages.
When: Thursdays at 10:30pm IST | 8pm Nairobi | 7pm Cape Town | 5pm UTC | 1pm Boston | 10am Seattle