please help, Installing OpenMRS on Windows OS with wamp server

Dear all, please help, after installing OpenMRS through jAVA JDK the web browser took me to openmrs-standalone/initialsetup. Through that page after login it gives me a white page with a message

The following database updates are being executed: Description of Update Actions Author

Adding ‘encounter_id’ column to ‘conditions’ table addColumn tableName=conditions; addForeignKeyConstraint baseTableName=conditions, constraintName=conditions_encounter_id_fk, referencedTableName=encounter samuel34 Adding index to order_number column in Orders table createIndex indexName=orders_order_number, tableName=orders miirochristopher Adding index to accession_number column in Orders table createIndex indexName=orders_accession_number, tableName=orders

It took lots of time (hours) and up to now i did refresh for the page, sign out and in to the page nothing new. what should i do to overcome this issue please?

Hey @atta have u tried using the following approach OpenMRS SDK Step By Step Tutorials - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki also make sure u have installed the Mysql …

try to install mysql directly not using the wamp server hope this helps

are you using docker container for your setup :thinking:

please explain exactly whats going on if any errors in the terminal please use pastebin and share it here and then we can try to analyse the issue

The following error occurred at startup:

Error creating bean with name ‘serviceContext’ defined in class path resource [applicationContext-service.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘serializationService’ while setting bean property ‘serializationService’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘serializationService’ defined in class path resource [applicationContext-service.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘serializationServiceTarget’ while setting bean property ‘target’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘serializationServiceTarget’ defined in class path resource [applicationContext-service.xml]: Cannot create inner bean ‘org.openmrs.serialization.SimpleXStreamSerializer#3b1ec220’ of type [org.openmrs.serialization.SimpleXStreamSerializer] while setting bean property ‘serializers’ with key [0]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘org.openmrs.serialization.SimpleXStreamSerializer#3b1ec220’ defined in class path resource [applicationContext-service.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.openmrs.serialization.SimpleXStreamSerializer]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.TreeMapConverter

could you please walk me through your setup coz i dont know if you installed sdk or your using the referance standalone app plus if you could replicate this error in pastebin and share the link it would be super helpful

there various reason why your facing trouble shooting, could be the jdk version, openmrs runs on version 8 so check your installation plus let me know exactly what your using or intenting do; whether sdk or standalone app :thinking:

seems to me like confiration problems, outdated versions/ depedances or clathpath mismatches so let us know

Oh sorry for the error @atta ! The error message you provided indicates that there is an issue with the Spring application context configuration related to the serializationService bean and its dependencies. My assumption is you are missing or improperly configured class com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.TreeMapConverter , which is needed for the SimpleXStreamSerializer .

just to add on @josephbate comment ensure you:

1. Make sure that you have all the required dependencies in your project, including the com.thoughtworks.xstream library and any other dependencies required by the OpenMRS framework. Ensure that these dependencies are correctly included in your project’s classpath.

2. Ensure that the version of the com.thoughtworks.xstream library you are using is compatible with the version of OpenMRS you are working with. Sometimes, version mismatches can lead to class loading issues.

3. Also consider reviewing your Spring configuration files applicationContext-service.xml and any related files to ensure that the bean definitions and property configurations are accurate and properly referenced.

4. The error message indicates that the class com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.TreeMapConverter could not be initialized. This could be due to various reasons, such as incorrect classpath, missing dependencies, or conflicts. Make sure that the required classes are available and properly initialized.

5. check on the guide you are following to ensure you are using outdated libraries.

1 Like