Ozone - OpenMRS Legacy UI - Can't create new patient

On a clean Ozone installation using ozone-docker, when I attempt to create a new patient, I’m getting this error:

HTTP-Status-500-–-Internal-Server-Error

@Mekom Please advise. Thanks!

You need to allocate more memory to the application as described here under tomcat

2 Likes

Exactly, thanks @wyclif. This could however be on the side of docker. See my other comment here;

2 Likes

Could you please advise where to place the new Tomcat config parameters on the docker-compose.yml file?

@wyclif @ruhanga

Apparently Tomcat is picking up its performance options from the file setenv.sh bundled inside the mekomsolutions/openmrs image. There’s no way to modify that, even by passing JAVA_OPTS as an env variable to the container, it will get override later on by the values on setenv.sh. Can you suggest a way of achieving this? I want to add more resources to Tomcat.

You can fork the repo to make changes in setenv.sh e.g.

export JAVA_OPTS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server -Xms256m -Xmx4096m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"

I’ve been trying to fix other issues this way e.g. seeing if a different Superset Docker image worked, or trying to configure Zope packing so the VM doesn’t go down in a matter of days when it runs out of disk space.

Thanks @paul.cleary.

@achachiez have a look at this → Paul dev by prcleary · Pull Request #32 · ozone-his/ozone-docker · GitHub

If this is a sensible default, let’s take it in.

1 Like

@paul.cleary @hmouhtar, we already have this ticketed internally. We will try to move it up the priority

2 Likes