Overhaul The User Management Dashboard

Do you know, what is the deadline date for posting Midterm video presentation?

CSS tricks will work.

That’s great then. The filtering doesn’t filter right now – but it’s good for now. Good job!

It was never requested, so you’re safe
so unless @michael or @surangak ask, it’s not required. HOWEVER, could you make a video to get feedback?

Ok, I’ll make a video when I’ll finish UI.

What else I have do before midterm?

Nope, you’re solid. You need a login view though – We can do that in parallel to the backend work during the second part. If I were to fail you, – you’d have been notified – I don’t like surprises and I dislike failing people.

Make sure you fill out your evaluation – Google requires this for both students and mentors. Don’t use this as a break though – continue working, use the weekend as a break but continue working on Monday.

Yes, I filled my evaluation.

Regarding login view – I thought, we will use authorization from ID Dashboard, isn’t it? Because ‘User dashboard’ will be the section of ID Dashboard. You have other thoughts?

1 Like

We could do that, that’s one way to do it. Make sure you properly check things – we need to keep this secure.

Hope your work is coming along nicely!

One feature request: to be able to reset a user’s passwords. Also a button to trigger a password reset would be nice.

Finding things I’d like to have in formage that are missing.

1 Like

Thanks for your note, I will add that yo UI

I don’t want you to get bogged down
let me know how things are going and if you need help.

Hello, Robert! I’ve just pushed a lot of important updates :smile:

As from now, UI is totally interactive :slight_smile: You can set filters, choose columns to display, put queries, edit user properties.

Please leave your notes after review.

Not finished: pagination (is it required feature?), reset password, maybe something more you will mention :slight_smile:

I believe, to the end of this week UI will be ready, and we can start integration of REAL data from ID Dashboard

Do you realize we have over 60,000 users total? Granted probably close to half (or more) are spam accounts. Still – I don’t wanna load that many users.

Great, keep up the awesome work. Don’t go silent on me.

1 Like

To make easier review process for you, deployed user dashboard app on heroku :slight_smile:
I will re-deploy it after each important update.

https://openrms-id.herokuapp.com/user-dashboard

I have no issue running it myself :slight_smile:

Hi, Robert!

Today I finished UI part, so, now I can start integrate data :slight_smile:

If there will be any issues with UI - we will implement them during data integration. Please let me know, if you have some feedback for UI.

1 Like

I will have a look in a bit.

Sorry for the delay @dmytro.trifonov, needed to take a break from things. Will look at this and if any changes are needed, they can be made in paralell to your current work. Should be done by at the very latest Tues/Wed.

1 Like

Also, @dmytro.trifonov,

Now is the time that it must work as a module of ID dashboard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I am currently working on it :slight_smile: This week I plan to connect data from ID (users list) to User Dashboard

1 Like

Are there any ways to get ALL ldap users using https://github.com/diospark/openmrs-contrib-id/blob/master/app/ldap.js ?

I believe, It is not implemented for now.

For mongo we can just execute UserSchema.find();

Also, is it OK, if I will use ldapjs library from main ID application inside User Dashboard? For that, I need to use imports, such as

import Ldap from '../../../../../ldap';
import User from '../../../../../models/user';
1 Like

You can probably (though not tested) bind to:

For users: ou=users,dc=openmrs,dc=org uid=*

For groups: ou=groups,dc=openmrs,dc=org cn=*

Those should work. We should consider LDAP to be authoritative.

ldapjs has a great guide which might be helpful.

Yes. Perfectly okay and preferred! Though there’s a hook that after save it updates the LDAP record, so we may not have to do anything really.

1 Like