Outage on demo server - Sat 2nd April

The demo server will be migrated this weekend (Saturday) and it will be unavailable for a couple of hours.

Ok, Sat is 1st of April, Sunday is 2nd of April, so UTC 1st of April, during the evening :slight_smile:

What is the specification of demo servers? As @dkayiwa knows about the URL encoding issue in different Tomcat versions

I faced an issue in demo server which is caused by URL encoding issue

Also the CIEL Concept Dictionary is not imported in demo servers.

You can run the full demo server locally using docker. The README file should give you clear instructions.

The docker image itself, with tomcat and openmrs, comes from the OpenMRS SDK 3.7.0

You can check in the Dockerfile that the SDK image was based on tomcat docker image 7-jre8.

Anyway, when running locally, I have the following tomcat logs:

[details=Tomcat initial logs] openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | INFO: Server version: Apache Tomcat/7.0.73 openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | INFO: Server built: Nov 7 2016 21:27:23 UTC openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | INFO: Server number: 7.0.73.0 openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | INFO: OS Name: Linux openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | INFO: OS Version: 4.9.12-moby openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | INFO: Architecture: amd64 openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | INFO: Java Home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | INFO: JVM Version: 1.8.0_111-8u111-b14-2~bpo8+1-b14 openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | INFO: JVM Vendor: Oracle Corporation openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | INFO: CATALINA_BASE: /usr/local/tomcat openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | INFO: CATALINA_HOME: /usr/local/tomcat openmrs-referenceapplication_1 | Apr 08, 2017 9:31:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log[/details]

About the encoding, I have no idea really what you need. The SDK sets -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 (this file haven’t changed from 3.7.0), and mysql is set -character-set-server=utf8 --collation-server=utf8_general_ci.

I have no idea how to import a dictionary, or if it’s part of the refapp distro.

the pipe character in URL is not supported in new version of Tomcat. In administration section we have URLs that has pipe character which returns 400 (Bad Request) response from server side. If you refer to the attached image of my previous post, you will see the error.

@mseaton, seems like the reporting module admin screens don’t work in new versions of tomcat.

@hpardess, which version of tomcat?

I used Tomcat 9.0.0.M17, tomcat 8.5.11 and tomcat 7.0.75 , i faced same URL encoding issue. I used the lower version of tomcat (Tomcat 8.5.6) and now it is working fine.

Ticket is created for URL encoding issue : https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/REPORT-800