For the issue where Encounter for the Order Group Should be a new one or not:
Bellow is a scenario of outpatient for a single visit:
- Patient starts visit -> New Encounter Created “Check In”
- Some one is taking Vitals -> New Encounter Created “Vitals”
- Doctor Diagnose/ Write Clinical Notes -> New Encounter Created “Visit Note”
- Doctor is Doing Test Order -> New Encounter Created “Test Order”
- Doctor is Providing Durg Order -> Encounter is Created “Drug Order”
- Visit Ends. -> Encounter is Created “Check Out”
If flow of event is like above and if its correct then Encounter for “Order Group” suppose to be a new One.
The Other issue was
Get List of OrderGroups by patient or encounter is missing in openmrs-core.
2 Use case scenario that I can think of is (I might be wrong if I have wrong understanding and purpose of Order Group):
Using a group of drug order as a prescription. Every time Doctor provides a prescription, he basically generates an order group. Printing a prescription is basically printing this order group (with active orders in the group).
Use case 1: Now when doctor loads this patients prescriptions (order groups) it will show list of order groups in prescription area. In order to load this list, we need to pass patient.
Use case 2: On the other hand when we load all the encounters for a particular visit it should load this Order Group in encounter list. Now if Doctor wants to see the details of this “Order Group Encounter” we have to find it by patient and encounter or only encounter.
There were some more comments regarding this was in Jeera Issue: