Order entry UI Return button not working

@ruhanga The DB restore issue is still work in progress and we are still in testing stage.

@ruhanga @bistenes I try to use orderentry form for printing and getting error below. I just clicked edit button below

It landed here.

Thanks @prapakaran for reporting this, i would like to follow up with this issue will make a followup ticket if this resides on our current server

This is running as expected, i have tested this using openmrs qa-server. Not sure which version of HFE you are runnning . Feel free to start a talk thread to track it thanks

@sharif You might be tested without order entry. Is it possible to add an order entry and try this.

1 Like

@ruhanga Is there a way to add order entry module with GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-distro-referenceapplication. Hence, every-time no need to install manually.

1 Like
1 Like

Hello Friends, Bringing this back to our enlightment, we continue to see such an error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: encounter.form is not an HTML Form: null a - Pastebin.com, however the above comment seems to be indicating that its impossible to edit active drugs to fave new drug prescriptions,

. According to this fix here, it seems edit button in drug order was brought back to work however after trying to test in current OWA version 1.2.2 still didnt work hence encounting same error, is there any work around where it was fixed in openmrs Am i missing any point here ,

Can we however be able to return active drugs page being editable as part of our use case thanks cc @mogoodrich @ruhanga @bistenes , help me to understand this use case please thanks

@sharif, I’d think of orders as immutable objects whose state transitioning (NEW, REVISE, DISCONTINUE, RENEW) rather lead to the creation of subsequent orders replacing them and this is why such a functionality, that of editing an already made order(drug order) is not being supported in the newer OWA version you are running. You may want to checkout to prior versions/tags(1.0.0 , 1.1.0…) of the project and build off of that to retain that functionality. Simply do something along the following lines, then build the project.

cd /openmrs-owa-orderentry
git checkout <tag>

Thanks so much @ruhanga , Let me try that first

From the error, above, it looks like the “edit” link on the implementation is misconfigured somehow? I don’t think it has anything to do with drug orders… is this something that can be reproduced on qa-refapp?

Thanks @mogoodrich , trying to edit active configured drugs using order entry owas under patient dashboard throw that error, its also very unfortunate that deleting a drug seems to be also not actively working as you can see on the screen shot

We are trying to achieve a part of this ticket is to be able to return an error message that readable not full exception, this can also be reproduced on https://qa-refapp.openmrs.org/openmrs/ Personallly i dont this returning a ui error message like i had done might be a strong idea to base on but it would also work on the other hand,

• Using Annotation Based Error ExceptionHandler since its behaving in controller seems to be the right way but i think it would require us to have a ui error message ,Another Option is to use messageSource class from openmrs but this also have limitations. Not sure how other implementations handle this just incase its something to rectify ,welcome ideas of handling this thanks

your guidance will be highly appreciated thanks

Hello Team,

I’m facing the similar challenges in running the Order entry module. Can someone help me in solving, atleast the ‘Return button not working’ issue?

Can you share the screenshot or some details about your issue of return button

Hey @sharif, i’m getting this page after clicking the return button:

Any help will be welcome

is this be of help Order Entry UI Administrator Guide - Projects - OpenMRS Wiki have you gone through setting up owa

@sharif: I’ve followed the same link for the setup. FYI: I’m using 2 modules:

1. Order Entry UI → this i’ve installed from the add modules option on administration page
  2. openmrs-owa-orderentry → This i’ve installed using the github (GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-owa-orderentry: Open Web Application for Order Entry)

I’m calling the order entry page from here:

You mean when you click on prescribed medication you encounter 404 not found right?, can you share your json file described in manageApps folder and we take a look

@sharif: No, I’m able to open the module. Let me share all the screenshots step-by-step:

1. Click on the prescribed medication:

I’m taken to this screen:

2. Click on the return button here:

Then, I get the 404 error:

Hi,

Is there an existing database/file of common drugs that I can use? Or do I have to construct my own CSV file of drugs in order to use the openmrs-module-initializer?