Options for OpenMRS drug management

@hpardess you’re right that these are standard requirements for a hospital EMR, but the OpenMRS Reference Application does not support them. You would need to build the functionality in a module, possibly starting on top of the code that has been mentioned in this thread.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread:[quote=“darius, post:8, topic:1719”] If you are looking to do a “standard EMR” we recommend you consider the Bahmni Distribution of OpenMRS. It support both drug orders and lab orders. [/quote]

You said Bahmni was “very complicated”, but building this functionality out on top of the reference application is complicated too.

i am also trying to do same, wanted to create prescription and share with patient and get it printed., can you share omod file of orderenteryui module i need that,

Thanks for your resonse, unfortunately i dont have setup, so cant complie that. can you please share omod file with me so i can test, i understand disclaimer.

https://modules.openmrs.org/#/show/266/

Thanks @mksd i really appreciate it.

i believe it snapshot module, can you please share complete one so i can test it out, meanwhile i have also installed it and getting no drug into it.

please suggest.

Did you read this thread: ‘Drug dispense and administration in OrderEntryUi’? And in particular from here regarding your issue.

If you check the console, there is client side error. here the screen shot,

Syntax Error: Token ‘.’ is an unexpected token at column 15 of the expression [setting | omrs.display] starting at [.display].

Solution for above error:

Here is the file you should edit

Just replace the {{ setting | omrs.display }} with {{ setting.display }}

@hpardess are you doing a pull request with your suggested changes?

During testing I found the suggested solution and it worked for me somehow. Therefore, i suggested this and @mksd can decide whether it is write or not. because he know the purpose of that statement. so i am not doing pull request with suggested changes right now. I left it to the main developer to decide.

The reason of not listing drugs is a client side error as posted previously

As i traced the request, the serverside sends request with list of matched drugs as array but getDrugs() function ( openmrs-module-uicommons/blob/master/omod/src/main/webapp/resources/scripts/services/drugService.js ) does not parse the the received data correctly which cause following error,

Expected array but received: {“$$state”:{“status”:0}}

Can anyone please fix following function:

getDrugs: function(params) {
    return Drug.query(params).$promise.then(function(res) {
        return res.results;
    });
}

cc: @darius

This is because in the meantime Angular was upgraded. See ‘Upgrade angular version in UICommons’ here.

So basically this code works up to a certain version of UI Commons. I guess there would be no harm at making the change you suggested. OEUI’s POM should also stop depending on the distro. I mean all these things are the consequence of OEUI not being actively developed, as warned.

Translation: you should make a PR :wink: Altogether you should take the lead on OEUI and others will help you, rather than leaving “the main developer to decide”. This is a piece of work started by @darius that we took over briefly and discontinued, there is no main developer anymore behind it. And we have no plans to do anything with it in the foreseeable future.

@hpardess this will get you started with making pull requests: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Pull+Request+Tips

Thanks @mksd for guidance.

Follwoing link really help me to understand how to deal with that bug and fix it. I will make a pull request.

Also regarding OEUI not listing the drugs. I fixed it locally that issue was also because of angularjs version change that could not handle asynchronous data in drop-down.

If anyone else want to fix it locally. here is the codes line to be fixed

{{ setting | omrs.display }}

replace it with

{{ setting | omrsDisplay }}

$scope.search = function(term) {
    return DrugService.getDrugs({ q: term });
}

replace it with

$scope.search = function(term) {
    return DrugService.getDrugs({ q: term }).then(function(result){
        return result;
    });
}

also

'typeahead="drug as drug.display for drug in search($viewValue) | filter:$viewValue" ' +

replace it with

'typeahead="drug as drug.display for drug in search($viewValue)" ' +

@hpardess do you mind opening a pull request? At least for the sake of those who are not coders. By the way, creating a pull request is a practical way of expressing your gratitude for all that you are using previously done by others. :slight_smile:

Sure I will. I am really interested to join the community not only as implementer but as developer too. I read the wiki page regarding Pull Request but i felt it will take longer to do that so i posted by founded solution to help other and also not forget till it do pull request.

I can not save and sign the drug order. here is the screen shot,

{"error":
{"message":"[provider on class org.openmrs.Encounter]",
"code":"org.openmrs.module.webservices.rest.web.resource.impl.BaseDelegatingResource:705",
"detail":"org.openmrs.module.webservices.rest.web.response.ConversionException: provider on class org.openmrs.Encounter\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.webservices.rest.web.resource.impl.BaseDelegatingResource.getProperty(BaseDelegatingResource.java:705)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.webservices.rest.web.resource.impl.BaseDelegatingResource.setConvertedProperties(BaseDelegatingResource.java:608)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.webservices.rest.web.resource.impl.DelegatingCrudResource.create(DelegatingCrudResource.java:93)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.webservices.rest.web.v1_0.controller.MainResourceController.create(MainResourceController.java:91)\r\n\tat sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)\r\n\tat sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)\r\n\tat sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)\r\n\tat java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvoker.invokeHandlerMethod(HandlerMethodInvoker.java:177)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:446)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.handle(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:434)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:943)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:877)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:966)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:868)\r\n\tat javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:842)\r\n\tat javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:816)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1686)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.web.filter.ForcePasswordChangeFilter.doFilter(ForcePasswordChangeFilter.java:60)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.web.filter.ModuleFilterChain.doFilter(ModuleFilterChain.java:72)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.web.filter.GZIPFilter.doFilterInternal(GZIPFilter.java:64)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.web.filter.ModuleFilterChain.doFilter(ModuleFilterChain.java:70)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.webservices.rest.web.filter.AuthorizationFilter.doFilter(AuthorizationFilter.java:108)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.web.filter.ModuleFilterChain.doFilter(ModuleFilterChain.java:70)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.filter.ShallowEtagHeaderFilter.doFilterInternal(ShallowEtagHeaderFilter.java:82)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.web.filter.ModuleFilterChain.doFilter(ModuleFilterChain.java:70)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.owa.filter.OwaFilter.doFilter(OwaFilter.java:57)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.web.filter.ModuleFilterChain.doFilter(ModuleFilterChain.java:70)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.xforms.web.XformsFilter.doFilter(XformsFilter.java:69)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.web.filter.ModuleFilterChain.doFilter(ModuleFilterChain.java:70)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.web.filter.ModuleFilter.doFilter(ModuleFilter.java:54)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.web.filter.OpenmrsFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenmrsFilter.java:108)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669)\r\n\tat org.springframework.orm.hibernate4.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:150)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.web.filter.StartupFilter.doFilter(StartupFilter.java:105)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.web.filter.StartupFilter.doFilter(StartupFilter.java:105)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.web.filter.StartupFilter.doFilter(StartupFilter.java:105)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)\r\n\tat org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:581)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1156)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:511)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1088)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:213)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:109)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:119)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:517)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:306)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:242)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:245)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:75)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceAndRun(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:213)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:147)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)\r\n\tat org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)\r\n\tat java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)\r\n
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: Property 'provider' has no getter method\r\n\tat org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getSimpleProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:1127)\r\n\tat org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getNestedProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:686)\r\n\tat org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:715)\r\n\tat org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:290)\r\n\tat org.openmrs.module.webservices.rest.web.resource.impl.BaseDelegatingResource.getProperty(BaseDelegatingResource.java:699)\r\n\t... 74 more\r\n"}}

Any suggestion on how to solve it?

Your issue vaguely reminds me of something that we faced in the very early days of peaking at OEUI: ‘orderentryui - provider is undefined in order-entry.js’. Perhaps will it help, at least by giving you ways to troubleshoot further your actual issue.

Here is the issue created: https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/ORDER-25

I could not fix the this error yet. @wyclif, could you please look for this error and suggest the solution? Options for OpenMRS drug management

I observed the same error message in another post (Can't create Obs through REST with many levels of groupMembers) but it is fixed. I have the webservices.rest-2.19.0 module in my local machine.