Optimizing REST API bandwidth usage

Hey guys, I have unsuccessfully been trying to access Concepts via REST API, by searching Concepts that match a given name and wanting to get results in a specific locale.

For instance, given the search string /openmrs/ws/rest/v1/concept?q=Diastolic blood pressure&v=custom:(names:(name)), it returns available names in all locales for the matched concept. My interest is that instead of returning all locales, there should be a way to specify the needed locale and get only matched results.

Something like: /openmrs/ws/rest/v1/concept?q=Diastolic blood pressure&locale=en&v=custom:(names:(name))

Additional option would be the ability to specify and return results in preferred locale per user profile or default global system settings.

Unless I missed out important part on the query for this to work, I think it will be very important to add this feature, and make it applicable to all resources accessible through the API. This will go a long way optimizing bandwidth usage.

Anyone with suggestions / ideas / opinions around this?

2 Likes

@raff @mseaton @darius how can this be realized, I think it would be handled with same approach as REST Search for Alive Patients see related Jira ticket here https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RESTWS-595