Are you excited about a possible opportunity to work in supporting a National EMR implementation as a Software Developer? Are you well versed in building solutions on top of the OpenMRS 2.x Reference Application? Are you excited about the transition to OpenMRS 3.0 and started working towards it? Well, there is an opportunity for you to work with us at IntelliSOFT Consulting Ltd to pursue this exciting opportunity.
Position: OpenMRS Developer
Type of contract: Full-time Consultancy.
Duration: Initially three months with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance and funds availability.
Location: Remote (East African Time Zone +/- 2 hours).
Start date: January 2021
About the role
You will work as part of a dynamic team in an agile set-up to design, develop and extend various OpenMRS modules to support clinical workflows and functionalities.
- Prior OpenMRS experience in developing modules and extensions for the 2.x framework, reviewing code and contributing to the OpenMRS community.
- Have foundational knowledge of the OpenMRS 3.0 framework and its associated technologies.
- Have a minimum of at least two years of related work experience in Health Information Systems programming, preferably using OpenMRS.
- Intermediate or advanced java programming skills including familiarity with the concept dictionary, hibernate, spring framework, Maven, SQL, version control tools, continuous integration and code testing frameworks, and ReactJS.
- At least two years’ progressive work experience in a software development team, requiring database design, extensive programming, systems development, and system testing in current Java and SQL technologies
- Possess an aptitude to learn clinical processes and clinical terminology
- A team player with a genuine passion for health Informatics.
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrated strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in resource-constrained environments preferred
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Experience in Agile software development methodology
- Ability to understand and analyze abstract data with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to think logically to troubleshoot, analyse situations, and make sound decisions
- This position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Current CV - should include your specific capabilities within OpenMRS and pointers to see your work, e.g. Github or any version control tool.
- A cover letter that clearly describes your work within OpenMRS.
- Academic and professional certificates