openmrs-tools compiling error while building the openmrs-core

While trying ti build the openmrs-core, i had an error on the openmrs-tools module which sit telling me that at openmrs-core/tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet/ShouldTaglet.java: error i have tried looking at the file but i find it difficult to get a grip of the problem. please i need help.[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------- [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Reactor Summary: [INFO] [INFO] OpenMRS ............................................ SUCCESS [ 4.467 s] [INFO] openmrs-tools ...................................... FAILURE [ 1.818 s] [INFO] openmrs-test ....................................... SKIPPED [INFO] openmrs-api ........................................ SKIPPED [INFO] openmrs-web ........................................ SKIPPED [INFO] openmrs-webapp ..................................... SKIPPED [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 6.992 s [INFO] Finished at: 2019-01-01T01:58:53+01:00 [INFO] Final Memory: 18M/64M [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.1:compile (default-compile) on project openmrs-tools: Compilation failure: Compilation failure: [ERROR] /home/waniccoll/Developments/openmrs-core/tools/src/main/java/org/openmrs/tools/doclet/ShouldTaglet.java:[15,28] error: package com.sun.tools.doclets does not exist

1 Like

Would you kindly paste the whole log at pastebin.com then drop the link here?

Okay will do so right away

Complete log found at https://pastebin.com/QxXsLb2x

@wandji69, have you tried deleting content in your .m2 folder? You may also need to make sure you have reliable internet. Then recompile again.

Hello @wandji69, I think your problem is with java version for the cases i’ve seen this particular issue they have one way or the other been related to java version. Do you mind telling the version of java that you are using?

Java version 10.x.x

@ruhanga I have tried deleting the .m2 file as you suggested but this having same error.

Can you downgrade to Java 1.8?

yes i will try that out.

Thanks for the help, i was able to build and run test. all the test was successful with no error.

Please, another problem has been generated at the level of me running the openmrs-core the command mvn jetty:run it says No plugin found for prefix ‘jetty’ and it gave this log error https://pastebin.com/0CLGHsZR

i have deleted the .m2 file once again recompiled then tried running again but still now way.

That usually happens when you are not running that command from the webapp folder.