OpenMRS is currently seeking a Technical Project Manager who understands enough about technology to lead and coordinate developers working in a variety of implementation settings to identify, define, and realize technical solutions to shared problems. We need someone who sees technology, process, and systems problems and is driven to fix them.
OpenMRS Inc. is a non-profit created solely to support the OpenMRS Community in our mission to improve health care delivery in resource-constrained; environments by creating a robust, scalable, user-driven, open source medical record system platform.
Essential Job Functions
- Guide a team of developers ± business analysts in taking technical solutions from concept to realization.
- Establish and guide the technical road map
- Engage with the Bahmni PAT as appropriate
- Balance the requirements and constraints between implementers (i.e., consumers) and community developers through a directed technical process.
- Monitor, document, report and communicate the status of multiple development projects using project management software
- Develop a risk mitigation plan
- Help developers find the happy balance between creativity and consuming rabbit-holes so that meaningful outcomes are regularly achieved
- Minimum of 4 years project and program management experience (i.e., demonstrated communication skills, resource planning skills, and abilities to delegate and hold others accountable)
- Experience running large IT projects with multiple stakeholder involvement
- Experience with project management software
- Ability to work well with people of different cultures and in different timezones
- Able to to work remotely and comfortable with using online collaborative tools (e.g., Google docs, VOIP, screen sharing, etc.)
- Open source community experience preferred
- Prior experience in health care domain preferred
- Degree in relevant discipline preferred
- Knowledge regarding software architecture required
- Ability to assemble and lead newly formed teams (lead and inspire others, identify strengths & weakness of team members, handle complex & sensitive issues, match tasks with opportunities)
- Ability to travel internationally: we anticipate most work to be done remotely with one or two week-long international trips annually.
Please click here to see the full job description.