OpenMRS Strategy Meeting 2018-04-26

Dear Community,

Weekly leadership strategy meetings are attended by members in the OpenMRS community who dedicate a significant amount of their time in service of other members in the OpenMRS Community. If you want to help the OpenMRS Community be successful and are willing and able to take on some tasks, please join us!

We have a strategy call scheduled this Thursday, 26 April @ 4pm UTC (12pm ET). You are encouraged to attend and join in the discussion! If you normally attend but are unable to this week please let us know. Also if there are any additional topics or updates you would like to see on this agenda or a future agenda please let us know.

If you are unable to attend the call, but would like to help lead some tasks or would like to provide an update for the community, please reply to this post.

To join the call by phone, dial +1-888-510-4073. To join the call using Audio, Chat, & Screen Sharing please use a compatible browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) and go to: http://www.uberconference.com/openmrs

Agenda

• CM and TM positions- hiring status
  • operational plan review and update (monthly)
  • technical update
  • Bahmni Update
  • Scrum of Scrums update
  • OMRS 18 Meeting
  • GSOC
  • Service Providers
  • OMRS Advisory Council Agenda for May 2

Notes: http://notes.openmrs.org/2018-04-26-Leadership-Team-Call

I thought that we were going to have strategy meetings every 2 weeks, alternating with operations meetings. And we had a strategy meeting last week…

Am starting to actually feel that these things of a particular type of meeting (call it strategy or any other name) every other two weeks and the other, are confusing. Can’t we just decide to change the original name from Leadership to Strategy or whatever name you want, and then continue every week like it was before? I personally do not care whether the agenda items belong to strategy or operational or leadership or any other name. Or i mind about is what is on the agenda and that this happens every Thursday at a particular time.

Having a strategy meeting every 2 weeks, and an operations meeting every 2 weeks (and these are alternate weeks from each other) shouldn’t be that hard. I’m sure we’ll get the future announcements right…

Based on the very short experience so far (n=1) I find that distinguishing between whether it’s a “think about strategy” versus “do things in the operational plan” is helpful. :slight_smile:

@dkayiwa I also have a hard time tracking, but I think it will become clearer as we move along through the year. I guess you’ll have to be like me, and just attend every Thursday regardless of which meeting it is! :smile: