As contributors to the OpenMRS community, one of the most important things we can do is provide help to new contributors and to users of OpenMRS software. We’ve created several tools to provide this support: Mailing lists, Ask OpenMRS, IRC, and OpenMRS Talk.
Providing help to others can be a very rewarding experience, and is an easy way to help grow our community, so we’re excited to announce a contest over the next month:
OpenMRS S3: September Support Sweep
During the month of September, we’re having a contest! The OpenMRS contributor who helps to resolve the most OpenMRS customer questions/problems during the month of September, will earn a one-of-a-kind OpenMRS hooded sweatshirt!
TIP: Any entries received before September 1 will be awarded double credit!
How to Enter
During the month of September, send a single email to
community■■■■■■■■■■■■ with the subject
"S3 Entry" for EACH COMPLETE OpenMRS support interaction (explained below) you have with others in the community. In each email, provide the information requested below. Be sure to send all emails from the same email address so we can keep an accurate score, and be sure to include the appropriate information shown below, or your entry will not be counted.
Important: Here are the places in which you can compete, and how to document your support interaction:
- Ask OpenMRS: Provide a link the question. The asker must have accepted your answer as correct (green check mark icon).
- Official OpenMRS mailing lists: Provide a web link to the thread (be sure to test the link!) where the person with the issue responded to you that your response helped solve their problem (example).
- #OpenMRS on IRC: Provide an excerpt/transcript of the discussion including date, time, and time zone where you solved a problem and the person with the issue acknowledged you helped resolve their problem.
- OpenMRS Talk: Provide a web link to the discussion (be sure to test the link!) where the person with the issue responded to you that your response helped solve their problem.
Rules of the Contest
- Each submitted support response/answer must occur (and questions/issues verified as resolved) between 25 August at 00:00 UTC and 30 September at 23:59 UTC. The original question may have been asked prior to 25 August. Answers that were provided AND submitted prior to 1 September will receive double credit!
- All submissions are due no later than 1 October at 23:59 UTC. The name of the winning community member will be posted on OpenMRS Talk.
- Each submission received in any other manner than the process described above in “How to Enter” may not count for credit in this contest.
- In the event that two or more people submit the same number of verified interactions, a winner will be chosen at random.
- Should it be logistically impractical or impossible to ship the prize internationally due to legal, customs, or shipping restrictions, an equivalent cash prize will be provided to the winner.
- Judges reserve the right to disqualify any participant in case of anomalies.