OpenMRS Platform 1.9.9, 1.10.2 and 1.11.3 released!

I am pleased to announce OpenMRS Platform 1.9.9, 1.10.2 and 1.11.3 maintenance releases.

They include several bug fixes, improve class loading speed, introduce better support for JPA annotations and prepare OpenMRS Platform for the Hibernate 4 upgrade with the next major release.

Please see release notes for 1.9.9, 1.10.2 and 1.11.3.

Thank you to all our contributors who have made this happen!

4 Likes

It has been reported that one of modules experiences a significant slowdown when running tests on OpenMRS Platform 1.10.2. We do not recommend upgrading until we determine the reason. Please follow up on the issue here.

I was about to offer myself to configure those releases from Bamboo, but you’ve already done! :smiley:

Amazing stuff.

2 Likes

@cintiadr, the automation is not complete though.

We need to configure maven to bundle the webservices.rest module in a war file when releasing openmrs-core. It’s simply by putting the omod in WEB-INF/bundledModules.

Another thing is to configure Bamboo to create a standalone with that war when releasing openmrs-core. We have separate standalone builds here, but they should be triggered by openmrs-core release or be one of release jobs. Not sure what’s the best way to configure that.

The reference application build has already the last stage to build the standalone, I believe it just makes sense to get it exactly like that for the core too.

About the webservice.rest, is there any other bundled module already configured? And does it need to be inside the war, right?

Yes, it does make sense to replicate that.

No, it’s just the webservices.rest. Yes, it needs to be inside the war.

fyi, looks like the slowdown was related to the upgrade of the version of H2 we are using, and therefore is only a problem when running tests, so I believe people are okay to update.

1 Like