OpenMRS Leadership Team Call 2017-02-16

Hi Everyone,

We have a leadership call scheduled for this Thursday, February 16 @ 4pm UTC (12pm ET). If you normally attend but are unable to this week please let me know. Also if there are any additional topics or updates you would like to see on this agenda or a future agenda please let me know!

Agenda

Informational

• Bitergia (Darius)

• Conference News Release- Open Health News

Discussion

• Board of Directors Meeting- Paul

• Annual Report Update

• Operational Plan Update

• Technical update-- Burke/Darius (include project management/scrum of scrums)

• Partnerships - Jan

• GSOC - Burke

• Case study highlighting GSOC winners

• Steps to take and how to move forward

Recurrent Topics

Weekly

Report on Fundraising Efforts

Monthly Items

• Budget/Expenses/ first Thursday

• Partnerships- third Thursday

Quarterly Update

• Infrastructure Update (Quarterly - Jun, Sep, Dec)

• Diversity Council

• Ongoing Quarterly metric review of specific areas

• who is contributing code

• volunteer contributions

• go through some of the numbers–and gather them before the TH and review them

• consider looking at Bitergia

Parking Lot Items

http://openmrs.org/about/support/

Recurring governance structure

OSCON 2017 Brainstorming (Dec 2015 Brainstorm for May 8-11, 2017)

Strategic Goal Updates (every six weeks)- one each week/ ongoing

Review suggested organizational/ community changes (need to find list MD made)

Roles of the Community Manager

I’ve had a string of Thursdays where I’ve had to miss the call, or call in 30 mins late. Tomorrow is (I think) the last of these for a while - But, on the 16th I’ll be flying to GU-ASCO and HIMSS (Florida) at the time of the call.

7 fun-filled, exciting, days in Orlando, Florida, but no chance to go visit the mouse-guy just down the road… Ah well. Actually, its 7 days inside the Orlando convention center, well insulated from the real world…

I’m going to miss the leadership call since I’'ll be on a plane. (…because I missed a flight today and have a poorly-timed one tomorrow)

Informational point about Bitergia: they make some open-source software for monitoring an open source communities (e.g. dashboards of commits, pull requests, messages, etc). And they also provide the service of configuring and hosting this software, to give you dashboards showing your community activity and health.

It would be really nice to use this. However it’s too expensive for us right now (in my opinion) so we’ve put the conversation on hold.

If someone wants to volunteer to try setting up the software on one of our own servers, that would be cool (but I didn’t get any volunteers last time I asked).