OpenMRS Leadership Team Call 2016-06-23

Hi All,

We have a leadership call scheduled for this Thursday, June 16 @ 4pm UTC (12pm ET). If you normally attend but can not this week please let me know. Also if there are any additional topics or updates you would like to see on this agenda or a future agenda please let me know.

6/23 Agenda

1. Discussion:
    • Community Managment
    • Parternerships
    • Governance
    • Report for BOD Meeting in July
  2. Informational
1 Like

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this week or next due to management meetings :frowning:

Hi all, per the conversation we had today… here’s the list of countries with visa “challenges” in Singapore:

In particular:

Armenia Azerbaijan Belarus China[9] Georgia India Kazakhstan Kyrgyzstan Moldova Myanmar (until 1 Dec 2016) Russia Tajikistan Turkmenistan Ukraine Uzbekistan

…these are countries where you need to apply for an visa you can quickly get online.

Afghanistan Algeria Bangladesh Egypt Iran Iraq Jordan Lebanon Libya Mali Morocco Nigeria[11] Pakistan Palestine Saudi Arabia Somalia Sudan Syria Tunisia Yemen

…these are countries where you need to apply for a formal physical visa in advance. :slight_smile:

All other countries have no visa requirement. IE, you can simply come into the country without a visa.

1 Like

We do not need to pay someone for infra devops support – we just need resources (e.g., servers where we have a reasonably good SLA for uptime. I dealt with a fun outage on Monday, which kept me up until ~430am (it happened at 1250ish am). Save the money for a devops person and get more people to volunteer.

Let’s budget actual money towards infrastructure. I don’t care if I’m paid – we could reasonably afford a $5 digital ocean box for hosting @darius’ pmtool webapp.

Thanks @r0bby. Good news on that front.

We have successfully negotiated with IU for a significant upgrade to physical infrastructure on a new set of servers. More from @burke as he gets the particulars in place.

Please let me know so I can add them to our ansible inventory and provision them. Please do not hire anybody. The community needs to step up. Maybe @burke and I can have a call, I hate calls but they’re handy. Also while we’re on the topic, did you guys know you had IU DataOps monitoring a server at Regenstrief and it’s been down for a long, long time?

1 Like

I’m not close to any of the details on that, @r0bby.

Is it a server related to OpenMRS, or something else? I don’t understand why RG would have a server monitored like that.

As far as I can tell no – epro.regrenstrief.org – or something – I forgot.