Weekly @Leadership meetings are attended by members in the OpenMRS community who dedicate a significant amount of their time in service of other members in the OpenMRS Community. If you want to help the OpenMRS Community be successful and are willing and able to take on some tasks, please join us!
We have a leadership call scheduled this Thursday, 04 January @ 4pm UTC (12pm ET). You are encouraged to attend and join in the discussion! If you normally attend but are unable to this week please let us know. Also if there are any additional topics or updates you would like to see on this agenda or a future agenda please let us know.
If you are unable to attend the call, but would like to help lead some tasks or would like to provide an update for the community, please reply to this post.
To join the call by phone, dial +1-888-510-4073. To join the call using Audio, Chat, & Screen Sharing please use a compatible browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) and go to: http://www.uberconference.com/openmrs
- Global Goods proposal
- Annual Report
- Operational Plan close out for 2017
- 2017 Implementers’ meeting followup items
- Planning for next years meeting
- Board of Directors update
Is it possible to discuss this for a few minutes? https://railsgirlssummerofcode.org/
@terry and @janflowers this deals with diversity by involving more women in open source projects as summarized below:
Rails Girls Summer of Code is a global fellowship program for women and non-binary coders. Students receive a three-month scholarship to work on existing Open Source projects and expand their skill set.
The deadline for Rails Girls Summer of Code 2018 applications is January 24th, 2018 (23:59:00 UTC).
@dkayiwa this looks cool… just glanced at it briefly, but it looks like the applications are put submit by project mentors, not by an organization itself, so seems like we should promote this on Talk and see if anyone is interested in submitting a specific project to mentor (and support those that do). But, yes, +1 for talking about this for a few minutes on the leadership call.
FWIW, this is the project that i submitted: https://teams.railsgirlssummerofcode.org/projects/208-openmrs
And just go this a few minutes ago:
Just wanted to let you know we’ve accepted OpenMRS to participate in RGSoC 2018. Congratulations — we’re super happy to have you on board!
Next steps & additional information:
- Today (February 1st) we will be opening applications for students. We recommend to students that they get in touch with mentors to ask about the tasks and issues, so some interested applicants might contact you. If you need any help answering their questions, or if you’re confused about anything they ask, you can always contact me.
- On the projects page you can see the number of applications that have applied to your project (both first and second choice).
- After applications close (February 28th), you will have the possibility to go through the applications that have been submitted to your project. I’ll send more detailed information to you about this in the next few weeks.
- If there’s anyone else from your project (another maintainer or contributor) that should also be kept in the loop, please send me their name and email address and I will add them to our internal contact list, so they don’t miss out on important information.
Have a great Thursday!
Laura Gaetano I RGSoC
Great news!! Great choice of project, thanks @dkayiwa for making it happen.