OpenMRS Leadership Call 2017-12-21

Dear Community,

Weekly leadership meetings are attended by members in the OpenMRS community who dedicate a significant amount of their time in service of other members in the OpenMRS Community. If you want to help the OpenMRS Community be successful and are willing and able to take on some tasks, please join us!

We have a leadership call scheduled this Thursday, 21 December @ 4pm UTC (12pm ET). You are encouraged to attend and join in the discussion! If you normally attend but are unable to this week please let us know. Also if there are any additional topics or updates you would like to see on this agenda or a future agenda please let us know.

If you are unable to attend the call, but would like to help lead some tasks or would like to provide an update for the community, please reply to this post.

To join the call by phone, dial +1-888-510-4073. To join the call using Audio, Chat, & Screen Sharing please use a compatible browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) and go to: http://www.uberconference.com/openmrs

Agenda

• Change in LT of meeting after daylight savings change
  • OMRS 17 debrief
  • Global Goods
  • Operational Plan

Notes: http://notes.openmrs.org/2017-12-21-Leadership-Team-Call

@jeffneiman am not certain i will be able to attend the call but i would like to help lead some tasks.

could you please let me know of teh available tasks and teh expectations

1 Like

On a flight to US, looking forward to next call in January. Regards

Hamish Fraser Leeds Institute of Health Science, University of Leeds, UK

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up, Deb!

Be sure to check back on the notes page after the meeting today so you can stay up to date!

thanks @jeffneiman i have read the notes at ((http://notes.openmrs.org/2017-12-21-Leadership-Team-Call)) however am finding it hard to identify any tasks since i did not attend the meeting. any pointers to the actual roles are welcome

1 Like

Hi @deb - Thank you for wanting to help lead some of the work! I’d love to hear more about what you’re background is and what type of things that you are interested in leading. That way we can fill you in more on projects that fit your specific areas of interest?

hi @janflowers. am a medical social worker, however i have been a java developer for over a year and i have been on openmrs for over 8 months. so i thought as a way of familiarising myself more with this platform i take up some of the roles. am interested in adminstrative roles. thanks…

Fantastic! Welcome to the community. We have a couple of projects in the near future that might be a good way for you to familiarize yourself with the leadership aspects of the community.

1. In January, we are developing our operational plan for next year. Contributing to the shaping of that operational plan would give you a good idea of our overall mission and strategic goals.
  2. Joining the team working on one of those strategic goals throughout the year would be a way to focus contributions to moving a particular piece of work forward. You could volunteer to lead specific tasks or objectives within that goal.
  3. Leading one of the technical projects as the project manager - working with users and implementers to gather requirements, coordinating those requirements and documentation, working with the release manager and developers to get that project built, etc.

Any of that sound appealing? Jan

oh yeah, more so number one. i will be glad to be a part of the team developing the operation plan for next year. thanks @janflowers

1 Like