Madiro is committed to a future where quality healthcare is accessible to all. Our mission is to ensure that poor health is no longer a barrier to people building better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. We have a deep commitment to health equity for the world’s most vulnerable populations – whether lack of access to quality health care is due to natural disasters, outbreaks, weak health systems, living in rural or remote areas, conflict, or marginalization. To this end, we identify transformative innovations in global health and support them to reach scale. We work with impactful organizations whose initiatives have demonstrated proof-of-concept and we support them to reach wide-scale adoption.
OpenMRS Lead Engineer / Developer
Madiro is seeking an OpenMRS Lead Engineer / Developer to work in close collaboration with the community on the future of OpenMRS 3, targeting diverse health programs such as OPD, IPD, surgery, maternity, mental health, NCD, and HIV. Based on the medical priorities of health centers, the candidate will contribute to the development and maintenance of features, widgets, and tooling in the context of implementations of OpenMRS 3 at point-of-care. Driven by the Principles for Sustainable Digital Development, the candidate should resonate with open innovation, aiming for sustainable, reusable, and impactful contributions across health implementers.
- Technical Development: In close collaboration with the open-source community, develop and maintain OpenMRS 3 features while ensuring quality, adaptability, and scalability. Work with technologies like React, Java, Docker, and more.
- Data Management: Integrate with APIs like Rest and FHIR, manage transactions with databases, and work on data exchange with systems like OpenELIS, DHIS2, and OpenFN.
- CI/CD: Use tools like Github and Docker for version control, CI/CD, and containerization.
- Project Management: Oversee an entire project and sprint lifecycle, from gathering requirements to release management. Experience working with JIRA is a plus.
- Collaboration: Engage with the OpenMRS community, work with cross-functional teams, and ensure compliance with shared coding conventions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related; Master’s and OpenMRS experience preferred.
- Proven experience in digital development projects, ideally in healthcare.
- Technical proficiency in React, TypeScript, SASS and/or Java, Maven, Docker, Github, etc.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices (backups, redundancy, scalability, monitoring, security, etc.)
- Familiarity with data management practices (API, synchronization, ETL, dashboards, etc.)
- Familiarity with interoperability standards like FHIR and content management tools like OCL.
- Project management skills and ability to multitask across multiple time zones.
- Open-source contribution experience, including pull requests and writing documentation.
- Alignment with the UN’s Global Sustainable Goal #3 towards Quality Healthcare For All.
Terms of Employment
- Full-time remote position, open to a flexible schedule, and remote collaboration hours should include 12:00 to 4:00 PM GMT.
- Fixed-term contract of 12 months, renewable
- Ideal starting date: November 2023, flexible
How to apply
Closing date for application is 15 October 2023