OpenMRS Kenya Community of Practice technical meeting

The OpenMRS Kenya Community of Practice in conjunction with the Kenya Health Informatics Association (KeHIA - www.kehia.org) is happy to announce that we will have a technical consultative meeting next week on 17th May 2019 in Nairobi. Among the hot topics on our agenda is this ongoing conversation.

Among those who have confirmed attendance are key developers and implementers of OpenMRS powered EMR systems in Kenya, MOH at national and sub-national levels, MOH implementing partners including CDC (and its implementing partners), USAID and its implementing partners, academia and research institutions, private health sector digital health actors, among many others. If you’ll be in town and want to join us, you are most welcome. We will also try avail call in options for anyone who might want to participate remotely.

We are excited to have this meeting half a year after our global meeting last December and we will happily share the meeting report within two weeks after the meeting.

If you need further info, please write to openmrskenya@openmrs.org.

5 Likes

Sounds awesome. Please let us know if there is a way to participate remotely, and I hope that aspects might be recorded for sharing later. Clearly if terminology and such comes up, please reach out to me directly as the time change might make it difficult to participate in real time.

1 Like

We have asked the hotel to provide us reliable Internet…let’s see how that will work. We’ll have an active social media team to hopefully keep the info flowing. There’s already interest in terminology and I’ll keep you updated about that…

Please follow the OpenMRS Kenya Community meeting #OpenMRSke