There have been various threads here about fingerprinting, though most of them have focused on technical implementation details. As PIH is scaling up our fingerprinting efforts in Haiti and Liberia, we wanted to solicit some feedback from those who have been using it regarding facility workflows/processes…
- Timing: How many seconds does it typically take from moment finger hits scanner to pulling up the patient chart?
- Estimated % of clients where fingerprinting does not work (either false negatives or false positives or instances where a print cannot be detected)?
- Do you fingerprint kids/infants? Or at what age do you start fingerprints?
- What has been the experience with fingerprint equipment durability?
- Anyone experimenting with other biometric measures?
Any other questions from PIH Liberia, @edunbar?