OpenMRS FHIR2 Module 1.0.0 Released

So, only a month after I had hoped, we’ve just released version 1.0.0 of the FHIR2 module. This represents a complete rewrite of FHIR support for OpenMRS with the goal of providing a solid but extensible foundation for supporting FHIR resources and FHIR-based data exchange across OpenMRS.

This new release is aimed at supporting much of the base data available through the core OpenMRS platform through 14 different FHIR resources. While we regard the FHIR2 module as stable and usable at this point, we are excited to see how it works in real-world scenarios and to help iron out any issues that might exist in this current version.

This current version of the module will be the version released in the next release of the OpenMRS platform. However, we are anticipating adding new functionality to the module almost immediately, since some parts have been pending based on a code-freeze for the past 6 weeks.

We hope that you will find this module provides a solid basis for supporting FHIR within your implementations, experiments, and whatever else you do.

I neglected to add a few things to this original post: First, a big thanks to everyone who’s worked on the FHIR2 module. This wouldn’t be possible without all your contributions. Also, thanks especially to @ccwhite23 who has served as the TPM for the project.

Second, you should be able to download the 1.0.0 version of this module on Bintray.

16 Likes

Congrats @ibacher and the FHIR Squad! This is a very important step.

1 Like

@ibacher and the FHIR squad congratulation for the good work done!

1 Like

Wonderful news! Congratulations to everyone on the FHIR Squad and those who supported their work on Talk, the #fhir Slack channels, and during the weekly squad calls!

1 Like

Congratulations Fhir squad, thanks @ibacher for a great work in fhir squad

1 Like

Thanks to @ibacher and all who helped make this happen. OpenMRS’ future is truly on FHIR!

3 Likes

@ibacher well done ian and the entire team

1 Like

@ibacher thanks for the work and the entire FHIR2 squad

1 Like

great work @ibacher

1 Like

Excellent job @ibacher and team, what is the link to the module? Will this replace the existing FHIR module in Reference Application?

2 Likes

sure , it already replaced the fhir module in the platform

@mozzy Thanks

1 Like

A great thanks to @ibacher and the team that you did lead to make this happen! :weight_lifting_man:

3 Likes

It is nice to see this happening; congratulations to @ibacher and the entire team for the great work.

2 Likes

Finally :partying_face:

1 Like

thanks @ibacher

1 Like

Just as a bit of an update here, I’ve updated the Wiki page to reflect the current operations available via this release. I still need to go through and update the mappings, but that should give some idea of what it’s possible to do.

3 Likes

@ibacher thanks been waiting for this one

1 Like

[quote=“ibacher, post:1, topic:30414”] So, only a month after I had hoped, we’ve just released version 1.0.0 of the FHIR2 module. This represents a complete rewrite of FHIR support for OpenMRS with the goal of providing a solid but extensible foundation for supporting FHIR resources and FHIR-based data exchange across OpenMRS.

Congrats @ibacher and thanks for the effort in this.

2 Likes