OpenMRS Drawing Module - New Release

Module: Drawing Module

Module Version: pre - 1.1.0 and 2.0.0-Snapshot

System Version: 1.11 - 2.x

Issue or Question: It does not appear there are any publicly published repositories for distributions using the Drawing module from the early 2000s.

Therefore, this new version is only focusing on 2.x. I’m currently involved with the release of the new 2.0.0 version at https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-drawing . This version can be backported to 1.2 if need be, but won’t be if the need does not exist.

The new version utilizes a single SVG complex observation in place of the previous two separate complex obs files (image and proprietary xml files). It also offers improvements with it’s behaviour with the Attachments module, but currently only supports features needed by current implementer’s distributions that I am aware of. If you are using this module in your distribution, please respond to this post and/or add JIRA issues to add the support you require for this module.

Thanks,

Ken

Do we have a wiki page for this module?

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Drawing+Module is the existing page for this module. I haven’t had the time to update it yet. The README.md contains enough information to use this new version.

Do you intend to have the new release show up here? https://addons.openmrs.org/show/org.openmrs.module.drawing

1 Like

how can i download this version 2.0 without build it ?, version 1.1 give me lot of problems on reference aplication

Which version of the reference application did you try? Which errors did you get?

Reference Aplication 2.10, can i get the omod of this drawing update?

I have just released version 2.0.0 at OpenMRS Add Ons

1 Like

Thank you soooo much!

Very appreciated

EDIT:

there is a error when i put the code on the HTML from:

org.openmrs.module.htmlformentry.BadFormDesignException: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Application%20Data\OpenMRS\.openmrs-lib-cache\drawing\web\module\resources\SVG.html (The system cannot find the path specified)

I find the folder and it exist, with full permissions :confused:

EDIT 2:

i make a folder called Application%20Data and put in the file svg.html there, it’s lame but works xD

i have a funny error, my implementation it is installed on Windows, the drawings got saved on the folder system32 (C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\OpenMRS\complex_obs), the drawings has a name drawingObs_1.svg, drawingObs_2.svg, drawingObs_3.svg… ETC

When the drawing get the 33 number (drawingObs_33.svg) the extension try to save on c:/windows/System33, i make a System33 folder and the extension saved there (LOL).

With the Drawing 34 (drawingObs_34.svg), the extention try to save on c:/windows/system34 (LOL)

I look arround the source code and, frankly , i can’t figure out what happend ¯_(ツ)_/¯

can, please, @dkayiwa or @long27km help me with this?

Which versions of the module and openmrs platform are you running?

Reference Aplication 2.10 and drawing 2.1.0. but, that error happens with drawing 2.0.1 and 2.0.0

@elkinleon do you still get this with the drawing module version 2.1.0

yes, i have the same with the last update 2.1.0

Are you able to reproduce this even after restarting your computer?

Yep, i restart Tomcat and my computer, and the problems persist :confused:

Are you able to reproduce it with the latest release of the reference application?

i can do it this weekend. I will test and tell you.