OpenMRS does not display customized JSP files after restarting tomcat

Hi everyone, I am using openmrs 2.4.2 which has customized jsp files( These jsp files have been customized by someone else who is no longer available). I have installed openmrs on another computer, copy the jsp files to /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/openmrs/WEB-INF/view/portlets and get the customized patient dashboard. The problem is whenever I restart tomcat I get the default patient dashboard especially on overview until when I copy again the jsp files and refresh the browser. I have attach images of un-customized and customized patient dashboard on overview. I don’t know maybe I am missing some settings

whats the location of your default patient page?

what do you mean by patient default page?

actually i was meaning the patientDashboard page.before copying the customized files ,are you able to locate the patientDashboard page?

The patientDashboard page is in /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/openmrs/WEB-INF/view and I did not copy that. i only copied files on portlets folder. Can that be the reason?

well it looks like tomcat by default renders what we have in the view folder.Can you back up the patientDashboard which is not customized and add a customized one in that location and restart the server and we see

After restarting tomcat

I did not get the customized page.

When I copy jsp files which are in portlets folder and refresh the browser without restarting tomcat i get my customized view.

Our recommended way of extending the UI is via modules, instead overwriting files in the tomcat folder.

1 Like

Ok. I will start to work on that.