Openmrs Core throws an Exception During Installation

@lgilbert, the one I see that is created is located at [C:\Program Files\Dev\Tools\Toomcat9\webapps\openmrs] with some properties within openmrs folder

@mozzy. I can see requesting for password only. Here is the screen shot

2 Likes

exactly thats what i was asking . Now first close the connection you opened via commandline (ctr + c) , and then type in the password for the root user. NB by default the root user has no password set on a fresh Mysql installtion , i hope you created a password for it.

TO be sure the connection via commandline was closed , restart the computer , and start tomcat again. and lets see what comes up

@mozzy, I set a password during installation of mysql. Restarting the computer will suggest that mysql will not running regardless tomcat is re-started.

ok first sop tomcat , close the DB connection you opened via commandline , and restart tomcat again , and feed in the right root user password

@mozzy Have re-started the machine, started tomcat a fresh. So should I begin the installation when db is down

yes now just start mysql , but dont make any connection via commandline , just ensure mysql is running

@mozzy should I enter password for the root or for the user in the installation

1 Like

yes exactly

root password or user password

password for root account (user) of mysql . the one you used to connect to mysql

Entered root password and during the last phase of installation it threw this exception below

I think there should be some changes that may need to made in the openmrs run properties that are created with in the tomcat folder located at [C:\Program Files\Dev\Tools\Toomcat9\webapps\openmrs]

1 Like

@kdaud did you try deploying openmrs with sdk as seen here https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+SDK

can you try to share the server logs ?? which version of mysql are you running ??

@mozzy Mysql-Version 8.0.15.0

we currently suppoert Msql 5.7, can you first downgrade your MYsql version to 5.7 ?? see https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Step+by+Step+Installation+for+Developers

Does it mean losing all my projects developed . Or

1 Like

If thats the case am gone uninstall and install Mysql 5.7 just now. I think that was the problem surely. Thanks @mozzy for not giving up on me

1 Like