Openmrs Core throws an Exception During Installation

Its the downloaded version

@mozzy I deployed it to generated openmrs enterprise during the installation process.

As per the advise given by @mozzy, have installed standalone successfully with ease. But I feel I didnā€™t figure out the issue though standalone has worked out. And am so enthusiastic to discovering things and I fear to give up that is why again and again tried to re-install but I didnā€™t succeed. But standalone is working well. Thanks to all devs for helping me through.

1 Like

Woow i like that @kdaud . Ok lets go back to the previous issues :smiley: . where had we stopped ?? can you briefly describe the steps you took to come to the point your stuck ??

@mozzy I downloaded openmrs.war file ( Platform 2.2.0 WAR (for Enterprise)). Started tomcat, went in Manage Apps and deployed the war file into tomcat server. Clicked in /opemrs file that was deployed to install the software but the process didnā€™t complete at the last step when it threw an exception i shared in the log

@kdaud, do you mind restarting that process afresh and we move together on each step you take?

@kdaudi,j had the same similar issue, but later with brother@mozzy helped me to fix it, j would advise, to use the version of jdk 8 and make sure its classpath is set correctly, Apache tomcat server is a must to be configured and mysql for database but for standalone application, it comes with its configured database server but ofcourse that doesnt mean you dont need mysql server,after downloading standardalone version specifically 2.9.0, if you have downloaded it already, extract the zip file it again , use the newly folder and run it j hope everying will run correctly.

1 Like

Thanks @sharif, for your response. I actually succeeded in installing Standalone application after failing to install Openmrs enterprise version.

1 Like

@lgilbert, it will be awosome if i go through that challenge, I actually preferred enterprise edition and also figure out the issue

1 Like

@kdaud have you set a password for root account in mysql ??

@mozzy, Yah, the password is set. And I have two accounts: root and user account each with different password

1 Like

can you acces mysql via commandline with that password for root ??

@mozzy Should I use mysql command line client or Window command prompt

1 Like

Any thats easier for you

yeah this a great mentality because its good for learning purposes. and you have to make sure your mysql is a global environment meaning u can access it via windows command prompt. thats what @mozzy is trying verify I guess.

1 Like

@mozzy, @lgilbert I can access mysql using the password via command line. Yah its working

okay thatā€™s great. Have you managed to see the openmrs run properties? anywhere in the folders created

Does the setup request you to feed in any mysql user and pasword on start up ??

@mozzy On command line it prompts me to enter only the password and when I enter it, am able to get into Mysql on command. But when I use the workbench, It does not request for password apart from when I want yo connect to the user account that I created it requests for a password

1 Like

Am talking about when running openmrs installation after starting tomcat , does it at a moment request for a mysql user and password??