openmrs 2.4 installtion issue

HI eveyone, i have installed XAMPP with apache, mysql, tomcat, i also have java version 8 installed all on a windows 10 machine i can go through the full installation (using .war file) without any problem, however as soon as i start installing the modules i loss access to the server with java errors.

thanks in advance

some of the error messages:

Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: public java.util.Map org.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.HibernateSessionFactoryBean.interceptors; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [org.openmrs.module.registration.web.controller.MainFormController] for bean with name ‘registrationMainForm’ defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Users/alan/Application%20Data/OpenMRS/.openmrs-lib-cache/registration/registration.jar!/moduleApplicationContext.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/web/servlet/mvc/SimpleFormController

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: public java.util.Map org.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.HibernateSessionFactoryBean.interceptors; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [org.openmrs.module.registration.web.controller.MainFormController] for bean with name ‘registrationMainForm’ defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Users/alan/Application%20Data/OpenMRS/.openmrs-lib-cache/registration/registration.jar!/moduleApplicationContext.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/web/servlet/mvc/SimpleFormController org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$AutowiredFieldElement.inject(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:561)

org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [org.openmrs.module.registration.web.controller.MainFormController] for bean with name ‘registrationMainForm’ defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Users/alan/Application%20Data/OpenMRS/.openmrs-lib-cache/registration/registration.jar!/moduleApplicationContext.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/web/servlet/mvc/SimpleFormController

have you tried installing openmrs using the sdk which comes with a bunch of modules installed ie OpenMRS SDK - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

HI Herbert, thanks for your quick reply! is that what you recommend? as i need this for a large hospital in the future.

any idea why what i am doing isn’t working

thanks again

Alan

For production purposes i recommend the enterprise edition Download – OpenMRS.org

and that is where i hit the problem, i am using openmrs.war 2.4 still no joy installing it

You need to use the latest addons (modules) from the downloads page.

with the latest .war version this is what i get after the installation

please see screenshot

Download the addons from the openmrs downloads page and put them in the modules folder.

Hi Dan,

getting there slowly, please see the error message in the screenshot. i have downloaded the latest refApps 2.11 and added them to the C:\Users.…\AppData\Roaming\OpenMRS\modules path. why do do yuou think it asks for older versions of the module to be installed?

thanks Alan

click on start all modules button on the upper right at that page

i have clicked on start all, that didn’t help.

the issue is, openmrs keeps asking for other versions of the modules - see example screenshot. can you please send me the exact link for modules for version 2.4 ?

thanks Alan

can you get the missing modules from here https://addons.openmrs.org/

Can you share the server side log via pastebin.com?

1 Like

thanks,

just have pasted it in pastebin

my account name is ALBA_ABABAN

also, is there anyone or recommended consultancy firm who i can talk to in regards to this product in production? want to know more i.e. demo, installation, customisation, consultancy, mobile app, etc.

thanks Alan

Can you share the paste url?

thanks

Alan

Just drop the database, delete the runtime properties file, and run the openmrs setup again.

thanks!

just to get this correctly this time. i drop the db delete runtime properties files run the .war 2.4 and reference apps 2.11

is there any particular order i need to follow? when installing the ref apps?

Order does not matter.

can i ask, how reliable and easy to install openmrs is please? i have the standalone version installed on another windows machine and as soon as i play with modules, the whole thing breaks

is it the application or it can be me missing the tricks.

i am happy to have a web session to look into this if possible

thanks Alan