Our goal is to release OpenMRS biannually, each March and September. We apologize for not being able to meet our scheduled time of March, 2015 of OpenMRS 2.2 release.
As you all are aware we were recently set up a user acceptance testing(UAT) server to let users test OpenMRS 2.2. Thanks to the community volunteers, we were able to uncover bugs that significantly broke existing module’s functionality.
All of the issues are being actively looked into by our community members. The major reason for these issues being the transition from 1.10.x for 2.x releases to 1.11.x for a 2.2 release. Though we were able to release all the planned modules. We were not able to fit in an extensive testing period.
We found these issues in only 2 days of testing. Generally, we don’t find major bugs in UAT, as all modules release bug fixes in the new release and every old functionality is already tested. This time we need to make sure all the modules are compatible with 1.11.x(1.11.0 was released earlier and planned to be included but,1.11.1 has been recently released with major bug fixes) and this cannot be made sure in a couple of days and needs some more rigorous testing.
In order to deliver a more reliable product, we are extending our testing period indefinitely (we think it would be around 1 week but it can be more or less) and it depends on the community to decide how soon we can release OpenMRS 2.2. We need our community to dig into the UAT server and test out every function they are familiar with and see that it is functioning perfectly.
To make sure we have tested each module/functionality, we need your help:
- If you are a module owner/maintainer please check your module’s functionality against 1.11.x setup in the UAT. If you encounter any issues please create a jira ticket and after it gets fixed please release a new version as soon as possible.
- If you are an OpenMRS community member familiar with OpenMRS or would like to get familiar with it. Please help us test the release and see if you encounter any issues in the UAT server.
We would like to track our testing progress through this globally editable google spreadsheet. Link: https://docs.google.com/a/openmrs.org/spreadsheets/d/16KjY5jjT94JkJ2rYvTwwMI_RfScbdyey1SX1OGDCJwg/edit?usp=sharing
All you have to do is:
- look at the modules/functionality you are familiar with in the Spreadsheet,
- test it out in the UAT
- enter your OpenMRS ID in the corresponding cell.
- If you find any issues you can reply to this talk post -https://talk.openmrs.org/t/openmrs-2-2-uat-issues-bugs/1536 and we will try to resolve it.
Based on the response we get, we will be picking a release date for OpenMRS 2.2. As always, this is a community effort and let’s work towards releasing OpenMRS 2.2 as soon as possible.
–Thank you, @maurya , On behalf of OpenMRS community